Geophagus Winemilleri:naughty:

100_1260.JPG

100_1261.JPG

100_1262.JPG

Archocentrus Sajica

100_1263.JPG

100_1264.JPG

100_1265.JPG

Also ordered Geophagus "Pellegrini" but they turned out to be Steindachneri:irked: :irked:

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
Nice geo's and Cryptoheros!!! Anubias desgin?? I think winemilleri are one of the nicest geos.

Sorry about the pellegrini, geez they couldn't have at least been crassilabris??? At least then you could have said you had the only central american geo's ...

titansfever83

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2007
AL
darth pike;3483544; said:
Nice geo's and Cryptoheros!!! Anubias desgin?? I think winemilleri are one of the nicest geos.

Sorry about the pellegrini, geez they couldn't have at least been crassilabris??? At least then you could have said you had the only central american geo's ...

Yep! They got a lot of growing to do but it will be worth the wait!!!

I said the same thing but it was 50/50 since they were wild caught. BUT, the Steinys and Pellegrini are found in two completely different waterways. Would be nice if the collectors were more knowledgeable. Opened the box at the AP and was certain they were steiny's. Spangles and a hump on a 3" fish:grinno:

titansfever83

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2007
AL
Sajica's new home

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oTA8MUrhkw4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oTA8MUrhkw4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
Good times!! I love getting new fish...

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
titansfever83;3483604; said:
I said the same thing but it was 50/50 since they were wild caught. BUT, the Steinys and Pellegrini are found in two completely different waterways. Would be nice if the collectors were more knowledgeable. Opened the box at the AP and was certain they were steiny's. Spangles and a hump on a 3" fish:grinno:
Ah, since they are from Mark and he gets German stock, I would have taken the chance as well. But since they were wild caught, you'd know they aren't pellegrini. There are no collectors in the area where pellegrini (and Andinoacara biseriatus) are found sadly due to cocaine plantations. If they had come from one of his german orders, then it would have had a chance. Appearantly some crazy germans went down and braved the drug dealers and brought some back to germany a couple of years ago. So they do have pellegrini over in Europe, but they are still rare.

His next german order, he could get in some Satanoperca pappaterra ... gawds I wish I had money for them!!!

titansfever83

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2007
AL
True, but the collectors should NOT label them as Pellegrini. And I'm disappointed Mark didn't say anything. Those are some of the few Geos that are EASY to ID.

We got a free mystery fish as a bonus. Came in with some Altifrons Tocantins. I'm guessing it's Auticeps since they had them on the list with the Altis. Jgentry won the coin toss on who got to keep it.:irked::)

I like Mapiritensis, JK47 has a nice specimen!

Mark is keeping an eye out for a few other rare ones for me. Hopefully I'll get those for X-mas:D

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
Well I can understand mixing up pellegrini and crassilabris, appearantly their patterns are pretty much the same ... but you are right, their pattern is completely differant than stienys ... As for not noticing, I bet if their were wild bettas he could have told you they weren't what they were marked as. :grinno:

Damn, that's a bad coin flip to lose. Acuticeps are nice!!

Pappaterra are probably the ugliest Satanoperca, but they are also the smallest. When you only have smaller tanks, you take what you can fit. :ROFL:

jgentry

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2008
Gallatin, TN
Looking good Jamie.

The Sajica's were bigger then I expected. They are breeder size. Jamie and I are going to have a little contest to see who has the first spawn. I took the bag that had leaked with the most stressed Sajica so Jamie would have a chance;).

How about if you win I have to give you the mystery fish!! If I win you have to take my Steiny's and keep them:ROFL:.

I put the sajica in a 40g breeder and all the Geo's in a 30g to grow them up a little. Hopefully the Tocantins are correctly labled. They were listed as wild caught from the German order so time will tell.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store