Fish keeping and fishing

Damianizer

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2011
Spring Hill TN
Why do I love taking care of fish give them the room, equipment, supply and do what ever it takes to see them happy. In the other hand I love to go fishing hooking fish sometimes bringing them home and open them up to clean them and eating the fish. What do you guys think is that Good or bad or not a big deal?

Legalize Arowana

virgil2090

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2011
NJ
.I am much the same.I fish,keep fish and will keep the occasional fish to clean and eat.I think its because I am an Aquarius! Ha.I do wonder if those signs have much to them

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Jambarino

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2011
South Carolina
Honestly growing up fishing is what got me into keeping fish.I always practice catch and release but I have no problem with people eating what they catch,except for commercial fisherman decimating species.My dad was an avid bass fisherman and fished local tournaments and catch and release and the fish living was mandatory,if a fish died you were penalized.So we always released what we caught.

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
Cool topic. Fishing first for me, that got me into fish keeping. If I had to keep only one, fishing in a heartbeat. I keep the occasional fish, mostly trout and salmon. I would never keep what I couldn't be eaten day of, i would never kill one just to put it in the freezer. If I'm at my limit and the fish doesn't revive well, I will give it away to my family or friends. There is a reason the limits are placed where they are for a reason, you have a right to keep what you catch, and in fact the argument can be made that if fish weren't kept by fisherman then it can throw off the system with too many around. In my eyes, for my karma, it's about respect. I'll take what I earn from nature and not abuse or disrespect it, and give back by cleaning garbage and sustaining where I can. I am at peace with it, it works for me. If I don't keep my trout, someone else the next hole over probably will anyway. Fishing brings me more understanding of how things work in life than fish keeping does, helps that I adore the great outdoors.

Sent from my Z10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
I enjoy both, although I don't fish as much as I used to. I don't eat the fish I catch only because I do not like the taste.

Damianizer

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2011
Spring Hill TN
:thumbup: couldn't agree more. I feel the same about hunting. If you are going to kill something you must use everything you can out of that animal, don't just kill to hang the head or the fish on the wall.

Legalize Arowanas!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store