fish known to get out of tanks?

ukgoffer

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2012
Westport, CT
Pbass are definitely jumpers. I've lost three in the past and an 18in beast that I have will ocaissionally jump out when I feed them.

Monster_Minis

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2014
Wisconsin
Ime any fish can and will jump if its under intense stress one way or another ( aggression, environment, ect.) or like pbass/gar/arrowana ect... Spooking/play those capable of that quick burst of power ( any ambush predator could fit the bill here). Escape artists like crabs ect... I can think of a way/reason for almost any fish would be willing/able to get out.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
thanks everyone. ive been doing little weekly series on a local facebook group and i thought a good topic would be to post several fish at know to jump out of tanks.

fo those of you that said "all fish have the potentional to jump" i know... which is why i specified in my first post and in my title fish that are known to be jumpers.

thanks everyone.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
I've had Bala Sharks(already mentioned) and plecos jump on me. I think the pleco was just darting to the top for air and overshot.

koi9

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2011
california
Arapaima without a doubt. Possibly the best known jumper

Sent from my LGMS500 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
Fish I've had that have jumped:

Gourami
Aro
Oscar
Flagtail
Fire eel

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
I had a 9 year old bichir jump this week. I had just added a bunch of stock to the tank he was in as a temporary place until my new 180 gallon was up and running. The other fish spooked him, I guess. Me and the lady have been pretty upset about it. The other 9 y/o bichir has been searching the tank for him constantly and won't eat. :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store