Fish of a lifetime! Ageneiosus Magoi!

amazonfishman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2005
On the Rio Araguaia, I wish...
Pics coming as soon as they arrive! I picked up two of them and to my knowledge this is the first time they've been available in the US or available period in the last 7 years! If you're interested there are a couple left on Aquabid from ECZS. SO PUMPED been looking for these since 2007.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Been considering getting one. Hopefully they will be sold before I justify getting one. :nilly:

amazonfishman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2005

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
Congrats on the fish!

I hope everything goes well, I was just reading up on ECZS and their reputation is spotty at best....

pharmaecopia

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Really? Who brought them in? Pics?

Local store brought them in. Not sure where they got them from, could be the one local wholesaler that deals strictly in wild caught SA fish, as I don't believe they import directly themselves.

Unless your interested in seeing pics of frozen fish I got none. Had a filter fail, came home to find these dead as well as some larger wild caught whiptail cats out of peru.

amazonfishman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2005
Local store brought them in. Not sure where they got them from, could be the one local wholesaler that deals strictly in wild caught SA fish, as I don't believe they import directly themselves.

Unless your interested in seeing pics of frozen fish I got none. Had a filter fail, came home to find these dead as well as some larger wild caught whiptail cats out of peru.
Ah that sucks! Sorry to hear about the filter failure, lost an E-Cat that way several years back. Was hoping they were still swimming in your tanks.

amazonfishman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2005
They're here! The fish came in tonight around 10:30pm and I just got them in the tank. Initial shot while they are acclimating. So stoked!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store