Welcome to MonsterFishKeepers.com

The members of this forum have come together to share our knowledge and experiences of fish keeping. We want to answer your questions, offer advice and fill the galleries with pictures of the fish we have all grown to love.

We are a unique community of Fish Keepers who seriously take our hobby to extremes and the NEXT level. The majority of our fish collections include RARE & EXOTIC Species of all sizes, BIG FISH with BIG APPETITES and BIG TANKS. It's not easy for most people or other "regular" fish keepers to understand why we maintain this type of collection and spare no expense on this fascinating hobby.

Hopefully, through this site and discussion forums we can encourage the next generation of Monster Fish Keepers to have the same passion and love we have for the hobby and our Monster Fish .

As one of the founding members, I personally invite you to register and join us today. Currently you are viewing this site as our guest which only gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and photo galleries.

Registration is FREE and very easy! When you register, you'll have instant access to....

• • Post and participate in discussions about your passion for fish keeping
  • • Have your own Photo Gallery and the ability to upload your images
  • • View and comment on the gallery
  • • Participate in MFK contests, promotions, and discounts
  • • Use of private messaging to communicate with other community members

• We're constantly striving to improve our community to help make your Monster Fish Keeping hobby fulfilling and interesting. Comments are welcome.

WE ARE MONSTER FISH KEEPERS!

-MFK STAFF

1. Please double check and update your email --> http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/index.php?account/contact-details

Fish On Steroids!!! Purina Trout Chow

Discussion in 'General Aquaria Discussion' started by ChickenTeeth, Dec 1, 2005.

1. ChickenTeeth

ChickenTeeth MFK Members

Dec 27, 2005
      Every fish keeper has wondered at sometime how they could make their Fish even bigger and better. I've heard that specially formulated Trout Feed is formulated with a variety of drugs. These improve the fish immunity and growth factors. Has anyone ever tried feeding their pet fish Trout Chow??? and if so did you notice any difference??? I'm thinking of trying an experiment. Start with two small Pacu in a divided 100 gal tank and feed one just Trout Chow and the other regular stuff. Any ideas on this thread welcome.

:1zhelp:

2. MrfisH

MrfisH MFK Members

Nov 3, 2012
      I have no knowledge of trout chow, but I think I might try that experiment with a fish that doesnt get so big, but sounds like you might be on to something .

3. rallysman

rallysman MFK Members

Apr 24, 2015
      Yea if it works with a pacu (or even if it doesnt) you'll soon have a monster that you cant get rid of, and then it would start a fight over if you should eat it or not lol

4. ChickenTeeth

ChickenTeeth MFK Members

Dec 27, 2005
      Its not the first time i've eaten a pet FisH!!! I recall eating a few Pacu's i once had they were about 9" and quite tasty.

5. thefishofdoom

thefishofdoom MFK Members

Jun 22, 2009
      there u go get to big u can have a nice druged up fish for dinner

6. rallysman

rallysman MFK Members

Apr 24, 2015
      lol

7. ROSS

ROSS MFK Members

Dec 22, 2008
      bro if your going to do it do it in a 180 gal or bigger so they got some room dogg!
      keep us posted if you do... :D or try HB'S oscar grow smell's like trout chow...
      :thumbsup:

8. Ornatapinnis

Ornatapinnis MFK Members

Nov 2, 2011
      Trout chow is a cheap food manufactured for fish farmers, not anything special about it that I am aware of. I used it to feed my larger sa & ca cichlids. Kind-of a messy food to use though.

Joel

9. sandtiger

sandtiger Captain Planet

Dec 14, 2013
      Trout food is not top notch stuff, probably lower quality then the pellets you buy at the store. It probably does have additives but they probably are not good for the fish long term. They are used simply to get a larger fatter fish so it can be slaughtered sooner. With that said, while in college a friend of mine fed his betta trout food....it died not long after he got it. I am not saying the trout food had anything to do with that but who knows.

10. MaJiKTeRRoR

MaJiKTeRRoR MFK Members

Sep 19, 2012
      My buddy uses trout chow for all his fish and they are fine. But they do grow rather fast now that I think of it. You can get it at Pet Supplies Plus. 56 cents a pound I believe you can't beat it for the price. If you are going to use it I recommend refridgerating it because it often gets infused with tiny worms if left out. You may not see them right away but you will notice them in the tank on the glass if you leave any food in there after a feeding. Can't be good for the fish.