fish safe anenomies

thisissimple

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2010
Los Angeles
two on the left, no, two on the right, probably. Also, hard corals will likely not get eaten, but will be hard to maintain in a tank housing these critters because of the water quality needs they have. Possible, but difficult. My brother is trying it in a predator tank, but he's pretty experienced, and has a crazy plan.

With corals I emphasize probably. There are no rules about what will work and what wont, but these probably will with the species you listed (depending on the wrasse) but tangs and groupers small sharks will PROBABLY not be a problem except for you won't be able to keep a clean up crew alive, and will face daunting water quality challenges.

I suggest a ton of live rock, two tons of flow, a supremely excellent skimmer, and massive water volume, huge frequent water changes. Even then, a daunting task. I have seen many experienced aquarists fail at what you are asking about.

good luck.

shua71

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2009
Los Angeles
thisissimple;4885675; said:
two on the left, no, two on the right, probably. Also, hard corals will likely not get eaten, but will be hard to maintain in a tank housing these critters because of the water quality needs they have. Possible, but difficult. My brother is trying it in a predator tank, but he's pretty experienced, and has a crazy plan.

With corals I emphasize probably. There are no rules about what will work and what wont, but these probably will with the species you listed (depending on the wrasse) but tangs and groupers small sharks will PROBABLY not be a problem except for you won't be able to keep a clean up crew alive, and will face daunting water quality challenges.

I suggest a ton of live rock, two tons of flow, a supremely excellent skimmer, and massive water volume, huge frequent water changes. Even then, a daunting task. I have seen many experienced aquarists fail at what you are asking about.

good luck.
I agree 100 pct. You should stick with really simple corals unless you have a great plan to maintain water quality. Its extremely tough to mix preds that produce a great amount of waste with sensitive corals

Pufferpunk

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Chicago
www.**************.com
No, you'd need a tank of several thousand gallons & a multi-redundant filtration system to house that kind of bioload & keep it clean enough to raise corals. Never mind the hundred thousand $$$ light system, to light the corals enough through all that water..

Cuda, Aren't you just a kid? Is this all just a fantasy of yours? How old are you?

thisissimple

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2010
Los Angeles
well, while Puffer is right about it being supremely difficult, and mindbendingly expensive, they would probably not bother the coral intentionally, but again, you are back into the realm of seriously difficult and expensive.

My $.02 - stick to softies if you want to try these types of fish. They regen very fast, grow faster, need less light, and like a moderately high bioload. Leathers, zenia, star polyps, etc. And honestly, you can make a gorgeous ass tank out of these if you plan it right.

Pufferpunk

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Chicago
www.**************.com
+1 on softies. Can you imagine sharks swimming around acros??? I could see them all in a pole in the sand--broken.

cudamaster13

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2008
southern california
thanks ill just add mainly seaweeds and decorative alages like shaveing brush there are also a new man made live rock that is purple at my lfs i might add some of that to add color among the live rock wat are some cool softies tho i prob wont get any but would still like to see some if i change my mind also as for the seaweeds wat would most likely work for the above?also are sea fans soft corals or wat are they?also decided against cortez ray and only want one other fish besides the grouper shark and two eels wich will most likely be a medium size tang like an naso

Pufferpunk

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Chicago
www.**************.com
Sea fans are very difficult corals that need specialized feeding.

thisissimple

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2010
Los Angeles
sea fans are obligate filter feeders with fairly demanding water quality needs. i would avoid.

Check out some green leathers, some finger leathers, some singularia, starburst polyps, clove poylps, etc.

Puffer, that acro crack made me spit out coffee laughin. thanks.

cudamaster13

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2008
southern california
thisissimple;4890201; said:
sea fans are obligate filter feeders with fairly demanding water quality needs. i would avoid.

Check out some green leathers, some finger leathers, some singularia, starburst polyps, clove poylps, etc.

Puffer, that acro crack made me spit out coffee laughin. thanks.
will most polypes work as well as the soft corals?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store