Fish Shipping Times

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
When people order freshwater fish online do they get normal shipping or overnight? Will they be fine for a 2-3 day trip?

I ask this because I am going to order fish online. The place ships normal mail and said that it usually takes 2-3 days to recive. They have a DOA guarantee. I am under the impression that most fish are shipped overnight. I don't mind paying more for overnight but don't want to unless it is necessary.

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
As long as they are packaged/purged correctly they'll be fine 3-4 days, in fact I've seen them last 10 days. Its more the temperature fluctuations that can really harm them.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I like to get my fish here as soon as possible as the longer they are in transit the greater the likelihood of something bad happening,the box getting lost,damaged and so forth.To me,paying the extra money for next day delivery is worth the ease of my peace of mind....anyways two or three days in this heat is not a good thing.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Damned right....they've got no business shipping fish this time of year without cold packs.

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
I would also get overnight shipping......if anything happens and they are doa then u would have to repay for shipping

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
I ordered 5 marbled convicts about an inch in size and they were shipped on Monday and arrived today and they all seem to be healthy and already eating

StIcKy~RiCe

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 24, 2005
~ Laos ~
im not a big fan of overnight. I want the fish im getting to be less stress as possible. If you close to airport I would do airport to airport. Same day shipment, just a few hours in the plan and it will get to you. But that just me. I hate driving to airport which is always a lot of traffic, but if you going to invest money on the fish you like, you want them to get home ASAP.

Over night shipment is last option for me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store