Fish Shop Scammers

spitz006

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2010
Allegan, MI
I orderd some fish online for overnight delivery. UPS lost the package. They said if I file a claim, they will refund the seller for the fish, and the shipping fees. The seller, a fish shop which I won't name right now... but might name in the comments depending on how the comments go... said "No, ups doesn't refund us the shipping fees.. we'll give you store credit but you'll have to pay for shipping again."

Somehow this is bullshit. I should not have to pay for shipping twice because of a lost package. This is extremely frustrating. Any advice other than contacting the "better business bureau" or whoever for that particular state where the shop is?

spitz006

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2010
Allegan, MI
I've seen some sellers not refund shipping before. Most reputable shops will send out a replacement.
It sucks that FedEx is going to refund them the shipping fee, then the shop is gonna make me pay for shipping again for the replacement. FedEx should cover it. I guess the shop still has to deal with shipping stuff twice, so it makes sense they want money twice. But fedex messed up and should be the ones to pay. Certainly not me.

altums85

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2018
Usually live animal vendors online only refunds u the live goods not the shipping cost

spitz006

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2010
Allegan, MI
Usually live animal vendors online only refunds u the live goods not the shipping cost
Why, if FedEx is paying them back for shipping, are they charging me for shipping again? I guess "handling?" fee of having to deal with sending it out again, that makes sense, but FedEx should pay for that, they lost the **** in the first place.

Reactions: Joshuakahan

altums85

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2018
Why, if FedEx is paying them back for shipping, are they charging me for shipping again? I guess "handling?" fee of having to deal with sending it out again, that makes sense, but FedEx should pay for that, they lost the **** in the first place.
If FedEx paid u back for shipping cost then nah F that. U shouldn't have to pay again cuz FedEx refunded ur money but in the sellers account.

Reactions: Joshuakahan

spitz006

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2010
Allegan, MI
If FedEx paid u back for shipping cost then nah F that. U shouldn't have to pay again cuz FedEx refunded ur money but in the sellers account.
exactly!!!

spitz006

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2010
Allegan, MI
Yeah man I wish, I dumbly paid with debit

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store