Fish Shop Scammers

spitz006

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2010
Allegan, MI
Dispute the charge with your bank and I think it’s time to name the shop
I highly doubt my bank can do anything about a debit transaction unfortunately. That was dumb of me. I guess I could try. I'm gonna call the shop tomorrow and see if we can figure this out, if not I'll be dropping names lol.

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
I highly doubt my bank can do anything about a debit transaction unfortunately. That was dumb of me. I guess I could try. I'm gonna call the shop tomorrow and see if we can figure this out, if not I'll be dropping names lol.
You should be able to dispute it, I’ve done it successfully a few times when something shady happened

spitz006

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2010
Allegan, MI
I called the shop and said "UPS said they do reimburse the shipping but it goes to you" The guy said Oh cool ok then in that case you're good. lol. he even said i could pick a slightly m ore expensive fish if I cant find the one i want in stock. So when the fish arrive and they look good, I'll give the company their props on here

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
I called the shop and said "UPS said they do reimburse the shipping but it goes to you" The guy said Oh cool ok then in that case you're good. lol. he even said i could pick a slightly m ore expensive fish if I cant find the one i want in stock. So when the fish arrive and they look good, I'll give the company their props on here
Sounds like they run this on others and it’s easier just to pay again instead of going through the effort to call UPS to find out.
So when called on it the story changed.
But this is pure speculation on my part.

Trouser Bark

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2022
This sounds like it was more than likely a terrible miscommunication. There isn't a business model based on stealing highly unusual logistics costs.

spitz006

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2010
Allegan, MI
This sounds like it was more than likely a terrible miscommunication. There isn't a business model based on stealing highly unusual logistics costs.
indeed. It's straightened out now.

spitz006

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2010
Allegan, MI
If i knew how to delete posts, I would. Because i'm cringing now at the title I made for this.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store