Fish shot on film

WildCAught

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2007
Riverside, CA
Hey MFK,

I recently decided to fire off a few extra frames of Medium format film with my tank as the subject. My Film camera is completely manual and auto focus is non existent. If you can imagine, It was very challenging but tons of fun. I fired off a total of 5 frames and only these three were worth posting.

Not bad.

Fish:
Honduran red point
Female wild caught Convict "la bruja"
Silver Dollars
TF barbs
swordtail

Camera: MAMIYA RB67
Lens: 180MM SEKOR C
Film: Kodak EKTAR 100 (my favorite color negative film... Too bad kodak is no longer making film)

redpoint.jpg
silver dollar.jpg
la bruja convict.jpg

redpoint.jpg

silver dollar.jpg

la bruja convict.jpg

TMSB805

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2009
Laurel Maryland
those are some pretty dope shots with film camera. I've got an old Voigtlander Vitomatic IIa that i've been itching to put to use. You got any reccommendations on what type of film to use?

WildCAught

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2007
Riverside, CA
those are some pretty dope shots with film camera. I've got an old Voigtlander Vitomatic IIa that i've been itching to put to use. You got any reccommendations on what type of film to use?
As far as color negative goes, definitely the Kodak ektar. It's still decently cheap on amazon. I plan on snatching as much of it as I can before it goes away forever. Try some fuji velvia in 50 ISO- if you have bright enough strobes, or 100 if you need the extra stop. If you like color slide, Velvia is the way to go to make the colors pop!

Put the voigtlander to use! I'd love to see what that glass can do!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store