Fish shot on film

WildCAught

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2007
Riverside, CA
Myleus rubripinnis luna ... I think.
Thanks!

what a beauty...hey what are you using to scan your negatives?
Thank you, I am currently using an epson v600.

It is more than half the price of the v700 and v750 and it does the same job. it comes with a ton of film holders. If you don't mind the slightly longer scanning time, then this one is good as it provides the same image quality. If you plan on ever shooting large format film then go with a v700/v750.

Each picture takes about 5-7 minutes to scan at 3200dpi. It does 3 6x7cm frames/shots at a time so I start the scan, go do something and come back to some gorgeous pictures in about 20 minutes.

Neither the v600/750/800 are as good as a true drum scan. A drum scan will give you about a true 80MP of useable resolution from a medium format image. but unless you have a couple of grand and print billboard size images, that's not really worth it.

WildCAught

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2007
Riverside, CA
Nice shots and fish
Thank you!

Wow that's so awesome... So jealous you have a mamiya!! I would love to have a medium format camera... Sigh!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
It's a phenomenal piece of equipment. Fortunately a complete outfit isn't very pricey. :)

You can also try one of the smaller Mamiyas like the 645 which will get you a 6x4.5cm negative.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store