Fish Tank Ban

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
imo... just grab a 3ft. tank and a pair of any small cichlid that you like....:popcorn: and an hob of appropriate size

wantokeeptrout

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2011
Ontario
if personality of the fish is no big deal there are a bunch of obscure predators you could try, like crocodile fish (5 inches), african butterfly fish (4 inches), dwarf puffers (pea sized, roughly 1 per 5 gallons due to territory disputes), perhaps (not entirely sure but if it's a solo potentially plausible in a 30) a Leopard Ctenopoma etc...

Personally i'd get a 20 and go for a coldwater river tank if i could get the toys i`d require for them (hillstream loaches, white cloud mountain minnows, maybe a goldfish, ) but above are some more predatory options i could come up with

Judge Holden

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2010
Milwaukee
I think some Convicts would be perfect for you. Hardy, smaller, aggressive, good looking IMO, and they breed easily which is always fun.
+1. You can't get into aquarist heaven if you've never had a Convict. I kept a Piranha in the dorms. The plus side: "Wanna see my Piranha?" is a great opening line. The bad side: everybody wants to feed your fish, whether you're there or not.

dannieman

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2009
SoCal
5 - 10 gallon planted tank with crystal or tiger shrimp. the beauty alone will make girls panties drop. your welcome.

keith42

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2013
nebraska
did you ever buy your exodons? i know this is an old post but i just bought a shoal and they are pretty neat. id like to find out anymore info i can about them. especially from someone who has owned them!

dsbaker15

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2013
Johnson County, Indiana
I got a 29 and filled it with 12 neons, 3 3-spot gourami (blue), a common pleco, and 5 of those green glowfin tetras. Designed it to look natural, so obviously the glowfins throw that off a bit. I have a huge piece of driftwood inside that I found, and it's hollow so the pleco loves it. Good luck with your exodons though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store