Fish tank suggestions!!

AliveChris

Feeder Fish
May 5, 2024
Hi guys I wonder which type of glass is the best for a fish tank? I plan to raise some small Mahseer fish, which have no ability to damage the fish tank, so for me, the clarity of the glass is more important than its strength.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
From my perspective....
The most important criteria, is that the glass must be drillable.
This is because the only filtration type I find adequate for my situations are sumps .
And planted sumps at that.
Unless I can achieve undetectable nitrate levels with filtration, I don't want to use it.
And this leaves tempered glass out for me in almost all filtration situations.

AliveChris

Feeder Fish
May 5, 2024
From my perspective....
The most important criteria, is that the glass must be drillable.
This is because the only filtration type I find adequate for my situations are sumps .
And planted sumps at that.
Unless I can achieve undetectable nitrate levels with filtration, I don't want to use it.
And this leaves tempered glass out for me in almost all filtration situations.
That's right! Nitrate is indeed a big problem. I don't have very powerful filtering equipment. Usually, I choose to plant aquatic plants and reduce feeding to control the nitrate content in the water.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
TBH I want to buy a fish tank directly, I don't know how to build a fish tank with sheet glass. Do you have any recommended brands?
The last aquarium I've bought was a Aqueon 40 breeder that was a few years ago. Hopefully someone will chime in with a good aquarium manufacturer to buy from.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store