Fish-To-Human Disease Transfer Risks

AncientArowana

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2006
New York
that is scary lol. i never would of thought that can happen.

aquahunter

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2009
Bahrain
oddball... you're so cool man. you like...know everything. you're like the Oracle of aquarism and MFK... I have suspicions you're really Aquaman disguised as a forum moderator.

studd muffin

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2009
'MERICA
wow...i wash my hands with soap after i do water changes or just stick my hand in the water. hope that prevents those nasty things.

aquahunter

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2009
Bahrain
studd muffin;3800355; said:
wow...i wash my hands with soap after i do water changes or just stick my hand in the water. hope that prevents those nasty things.

keep some anti bacterial handy. i've been keeping a small bottle in my pocket ever since the swine flu scare

abortedsoul

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2008
MD, USA
This is a good read, a bit dry but enjoyed the visual. This should highlight for everyone why keeping the highest level of hygiene is incredibly important around wildlife of any kind. Any time you handle wildlife, a good rule of thumb is to sing your ABCs while washing your hands a few inches farther than immersion. If you would feel comfortable having someone perform surgery on you with your hands, you've done it right! Make sure to pay special attention to the nail beds! Always the nail beds! :)

Odo

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2008
Northern Virginia
I recently had what appears to be pfiesteria break out in my tank after a few recent additions. Many of these fish are from all over the world and every time they get transferred some of the original water makes the jump w/ them. God knows what is in the tank now. so far, two dats have died.. marked w/ oval shaped spots where the skin appeared to be removed almost as w/ a sharp instrument. Im scared to even put my hands in the tank to do an h20 change..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store