FISHING SEASON 2K12!!!!!!

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
Took my boat out and played captain while my buddy spearfished. Today the fish were gone, no where to be found and we hit several spots. We only ended up killing some mullet, still not the trip I was hoping for but a bad day on the water is better then a good day of work.

With it seemingly like spring already (skeeters are out and the tree frogs are all over the house all ready) it wont be long before the sheepshead congregate in the pass and the fishing then is like fishing in a barrel!

flemming

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2008
netherlands
Went out two times since the start of this season using deadbait-rigs and a rod for baitfish.
Caught about 70roaches,breams,perch and other small stuff but no pikes or zanders.
I gues i'll wait for the watertemperature to rise a few degrees before I wil be out again.

jworth

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2008
Indianapolis
I just didn't know that people ate mullet. I've seen them in fresh water in the canals in south Florida too. I thought they were mostly just bait.

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
from what i understand large saltwater mullet are pretty good eating but the fresh and brackish water ones taste awful, dunno why just something i heard

- at some point before the spring i'm buying another ugly stik striper this time in a ML for the BCX and i'm giving some strong consideration the the penn FIERCE 3000, even though i already have a small arsenal of rod and reel combos

jworth

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2008
Indianapolis
buying new equipment is addictive! I am itching to buy another Tangling with Catfish Extreme but am flat broke right now! Hoping to sell off some coral frags and other equipment to load my paypal up!

flemming

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2008
netherlands
Fried mullet tastes really good!,My grandpa used to fish for mullet every sundaymorning and then we had mullet for dinner.

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
lmao jworth thats hilarious i just sold a bunch of frags to put towards gear too hahaha

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store