FISHING VENT, or what the heck happened to my life?

I can't afford the smaller/cheaper boat that you can trail behind your car. That's the problem.

And I know that I sound selfish in my rant, but hey, just stating how I feel. I wouldn't trade my wife and kids for the world, but i miss fishing, that's all.

fishtex

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 1, 2009
Fort Hood, Texas
Don't know if you ever seen these, but take a look. I've got a foldcat and absolutely love it. I fish on lakes rivers ponds puddles - it doesnt matter, it floats it was relatively cheap and it stows in my trunk, truckbed or under my pool table. Plus my son loves to motor me around so i can fish hand free - lol

http://www.seaeagle.com/

I've a also got a float tube, waders and access to a kayak. all reasonably priced and easy to throw on a pond in an hour or 2 of spare time.

MultispeciesTamer

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2008
Michigan
Aw I "see" your pain and it inspires me to be better then you. I am 18, have a truck and a small row boat (tecnically all my parents but I am the only one who uses them). I am currently looking for a small 14-15 foot bass boat of my own, yes I am buying a boat before I buy my own car. Ive been finding lots of good deals but none like what I want. I am looking for a boat with a good haul then I am gonna add all the other stuff myself such as trolling motor, fish finder, outboard.

I currently work more then I fish this time of year, but in fall the slow part of the farm season I get out everyday. I plan to work in natural resources as a fisheries biologist or at a fish hatchery. I also want to fish, fishing tournaments not just for bass but for anything I can. I may also presue a guiding license.

So many things to do but I am on track thus far.

gomezladdams

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
gilboa,ny
How old are the kids?The best memories of my entire life are from taking my boys fishing.From the time they were about 5 years old.Fishing anywhere along the shores of the local lakes and reservoirs.

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Yes, some of my fondest memories are fishing with my Grandfather or Dad when I was a kid. And I'm female, I still fish, and love to fish. But at 28 getting married, and settleing down to raise my own family. It's a hobby I know I won't be able to continue at the same amount i do now 2x+ a week, But one I very much look forward to eventually introducing my children to. And thats worth a handful of years away from it.

Deep Blue Sea

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2010
Alameda Ca
you dont need a boat for excellent fishing, come to cali for bat rays 35lb is generally the minimum size you'll catch

oscarcrazy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2008
Houston, TX/Juneau, AK
MultispeciesTamer;4151997; said:
Aw I "see" your pain and it inspires me to be better then you. I am 18, have a truck and a small row boat (tecnically all my parents but I am the only one who uses them). I am currently looking for a small 14-15 foot bass boat of my own, yes I am buying a boat before I buy my own car. Ive been finding lots of good deals but none like what I want. I am looking for a boat with a good haul then I am gonna add all the other stuff myself such as trolling motor, fish finder, outboard.

I currently work more then I fish this time of year, but in fall the slow part of the farm season I get out everyday. I plan to work in natural resources as a fisheries biologist or at a fish hatchery. I also want to fish, fishing tournaments not just for bass but for anything I can. I may also presue a guiding license.

So many things to do but I am on track thus far.

MTS, I really hope real life doesn't get in the way of your dreams. Also, please watch how you word things. You are not and will not be "better" than anybody else.

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
this makes absolutely no sense :nilly:. the best resource IS your intellect. YOU are the one in charge and your condition is the direct result of your actions.
Ah, words from the wealthy. Someone needs to enroll in Sociology 101, it seems. Let me guess, you're the kind who thinks anyone can just pull themselves up by their bootstraps? Well, guess what. Plenty of people either don't have bootstraps or can't find them.

oscarcrazy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2008
Houston, TX/Juneau, AK
knifegill;4153116; said:
Ah, words from the wealthy. Someone needs to enroll in Sociology 101, it seems. Let me guess, you're the kind who thinks anyone can just pull themselves up by their bootstraps? Well, guess what. Plenty of people either don't have bootstraps or can't find them.

"Necessity is the mother of invention."

If you want it bad enough you can find a way to make it happen. It is just whether or not you have the will to find that way seperates those who reach their goals from those who do not.

Also,

You can spend your time wishing it where, or invest your time in making it so.

Back to the op. Enjoy your wife and kids, they are your life. Fishing is just a small part.

Those that make fishing thier sole focus have reel problems.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store