Fishkeeping hobbyist stereotypes you encounter when people learn of your hobby?

TankDempsey

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2012
Third rock from the sun
That's what I get every single person whos sees my tanks is so amazed it's quite flattering and like I said in another post iv got well over 10k invested in that one tank whos else can say they have a item set up in there home worth that much you get what u pay for and it looks as good as every penny I spent on it.
Do you have a post showing your aquarium? I'd love to check it out. Cool to see another bodybuilder on the forum other than myself too... even if i am an noob compared to most people haha

760fishaddict

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
yucca valley
No and no ask people go ahead maybe people who dont kno what a true monster is and IMO Oscars are entry level fish.

Oscarum monstruoso

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 3, 2010
No and no ask people go ahead maybe people who dont kno what a true monster is and IMO Oscars are entry level fish.
There are no entry level fish, only entry level fishkeepers. The oscar is the golden retreiver of cichlids, if cichlids were golfers they'd be Jack Nicklaus.

Do you have a post showing your aquarium? I'd love to check it out. Cool to see another bodybuilder on the forum other than myself too... even if i am an noob compared to most people haha
We need more fitness types like you guys in the hobby, to counteract our geeky image. You guys should do a physique / fishtank photo shootout, the most muscled guy next to nicest freshwater setup wins. ;)

TankDempsey

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2012
Third rock from the sun
There are no entry level fish, only entry level fishkeepers. The oscar is the golden retreiver of cichlids, if cichlids were golfers they'd be Jack Nicklaus.

We need more fitness types like you guys in the hobby, to counteract our geeky image. You guys should do a physique / fishtank photo shootout, the most muscled guy next to nicest freshwater setup wins. ;)
After shredding season... don't wanna embarrass myself too badly :D

Oscarum monstruoso

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 3, 2010
After shredding season... don't wanna embarrass myself too badly :D
Shredded is the way to be brah, check out the greatest physique of all time, google image search a man named Zyzz.

The ladies love my fishtanks and my fish. Lol
Back in college I used to ask girls if they wanted to come to my dorm room and see my seven inch red monster (see my avatar), it was a great icebreaker when I didnt get slapped :)

FormulaTank

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2014
So Cal
If it comes up I'll tell people all about my fish. Ex wife hated my fish, thinks dropping over a grand for a tank makes me weird. My son, new girlfriend, and her daughter loves them. It's people without hobbies who are truly weird.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store