FishRoom Math-Who has the most Monster fishroom?

lujor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 8, 2007
Here&There
How flooded are you? How many gallons have you crammed into your fish room? It's simple- total gallons of water in your fishroom divided by square feet of floor space in said fishroom. The higher the number, the more "flooded" your room is. Who has highest #? You don't need the most tank space to win. If you have a 20gal in a closet, your number might be really high.
I have 404gal of water in my room that has 198squarefeet. 404/198=2.04 My number is 2.04. ie- I have 2.04 gallons of water for every square foot of floor space in my fishroom.
*****Let's do freestanding tanks only- if u have to leave your fishroom to do maintenance on your tank(s) it doesn't count (or we are all playing for 2nd place- you guys & gals just added a room next to your fishroom, flooded it, and put a window on the wall so you could look in- kudos, but being left out of this "game" is the price you pay for having such tanks).

lujor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 8, 2007
Here&There
Guess I will claim the title.

Planetnicolas

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2010
USA NJ
well I feel this thread would be amazing except no one wants to break out a measuring tape quite frankly I dont either cause I know it would be less than a gallon per square foot. so congrats!!!!

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
What about Miss Masspoly? I think she will beat you easily. Her apartment (house?) is almost more water than air.

fishyobsession

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Upstate NY
i say we just do total gallons of water in one room. i was at 170 in my bedroom a while ago. now i have 20 in my room, 150 in one living room, and 30 in another.

lujor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 8, 2007
Here&There
fishyobsession;4533273; said:
i say we just do total gallons of water in one room. i was at 170 in my bedroom a while ago. now i have 20 in my room, 150 in one living room, and 30 in another.
I like this better because it levels the playing field. It indicates how obsessive some MFKers are by showing how much water they cram into certain sized rooms. It partially eliminates the $ factor. It's about how much of your available space you sacrifice for your fish.

Also, I would assume my number would be average or lower. I just wanted to hear about other's setups. It is a good way to quantify how willing you are to crowd yourself with tanks. If you have 1000 gallons of tank in a ballroom, that's not really all that Monster, but if you have 500 in a 100sqft room, that is insane. I would have to award the person with 500gal the title over the person with the mansion ballroom and twice the gallons. See? Level the playing field.

lujor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 8, 2007
Here&There
Planetnicolas;4533207; said:
well I feel this thread would be amazing except no one wants to break out a measuring tape quite frankly I dont either cause I know it would be less than a gallon per square foot. so congrats!!!!
I would think most homeowners (and many renters) would know the dimensions of their rooms. Plus, most of us have large things of known dimensions in the room already (tanks) that allow for easy and acurate estimates, and it takes longer to type out that you don't feel like getting a measuring tape than it does to actually get a measuring tape.

lujor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 8, 2007
Here&There
This is what I was getting at, the point of the thread:
lujor;4533434; said:
It is a good way to quantify how willing you are to crowd yourself with tanks. If you have 1000 gallons of tank in a ballroom, that's not really all that Monster, but if you have 500 in a 100sqft room, that is insane. I would have to award the person with 500gal the title over the person with the mansion ballroom and twice the gallons. See? Level the playing field.
Maybe I'm the only one that likes numbers and finds this one informative and a little bit of a different [than just sheer "gallonage"] take on the usual comparisons.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store