indiana
Love the fisheye lens shots!

Frostyone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 21, 2008
Baltimore
Will Hayward;2048603; said:
I could have used a wide angle lens, but you would be saying the same thing. There is no way to get a whole fishtank in the image within an isle in a store without distorting.
Yea, I guess you have a point there, great pics though, just not a big fan of the fish eye lens.

DucatiDragster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 21, 2008
Bay Area
Nice looking store

Death Pony

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
That place looks amazing!!!!!

fishdance

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
Nice photos and fish tour but the thing that sets this apart (and above) from many others is your interesting yet personal commentary. The little diversions like lunch and time spent waiting for others are a great touch.

I like some of the fish eye effects but wish they werent all fish eye views. Good photography, lots of effort went into this write up so thanks for posting.

zfoster22

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2008
kansas city
the pbass tank is off the hook hhah so cool i said a new saying

i would kill to live next to that well not litarally but you get the pictures.

Will Hayward

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2008
Canada
www.alternativeaquariums.com
fishdance;2049210; said:
Nice photos and fish tour but the thing that sets this apart (and above) from many others is your interesting yet personal commentary. The little diversions like lunch and time spent waiting for others are a great touch.

I like some of the fish eye effects but wish they werent all fish eye views. Good photography, lots of effort went into this write up so thanks for posting.
I wish they weren't all fisheye too. I had other lenses with me, and I did exchange them from time to time, but the photos I was getting from them just werent usuable or decent enough, so I scrapped most of them on the spot.

But i'd argue that the fisheye is what made the photo so interesting. The wide lens lets you experience it as if you were there. All at the same time, you can take in, certain fish in adjacent tanks, products, brands, store decoration, displays. I would have used a 35mm, or a tight wideangle but I didn't rent one for the day. should have.

The day was really fun, and I'm anxious to do it again. If anyone around burlington ontario, or near Niagara falls doesnt mind driving, I'll go splitzies on gas and do a day of fish tours in southern ontario. If your going back home accross borders, they wont do much if you say that you just have some tropical fish for you home fishtank. Each person must show receipts if asked, but if they are under $50 each person, youre on your way. I can't say I know it's the same today, but thats how it worked then fur us.

I can probably post some more photos, some fish, some randoms around the store.

jimmybling31

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2008
hixson tennessee
wow that is nice. how much for the croc?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store