fishtank Bar ! yes BAR !

MossOnGrass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 23, 2005
Well, since theres a story behind everything, Ill start from the beginning. I recently moved into a new house in Canton and was in the process of moving my tanks, My origional Idea was to build a stand that would hold my 125 gallon tank and my 72 gallon bow front with the 125 on top and the 72 on the bottom. I constructed the frame with the top being 6 foot long and the base being 4 foot long I wanted something different from the norm . After a few beers and staring at the stand I thought to myself "that thing looks Like a Bar ,not a Fishtank stand " I always wanted my own Bar in my house so I said what the hell ! go for it ! so after a little re-calculating and a few more beers I came up with a design that would suit both purposes, A bar with my 72 gallon bowfront inserted into the frame , I really think it turned out well , Ive Built many tank stands but nothing like this , I hope you like it as much as I do !

thanks for reading ,
Patrick

rust9000

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Cumbria, UK
Wow sweet, need some pics in better light and of the frame :)

MossOnGrass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 23, 2005
I have it siliconed from the Bottom If you spill anything it goes in your lap not the tank that percaution was well taken , plus it punishes the Beer spillers !

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
very sweet. Nothing better than fish and a pint.

MossOnGrass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 23, 2005
Neo we are having a Party on March 10th, a stocking the Bar Party and of course your Invited , just a little fyi , the Top of the Bar comes off as well for easy access to the tank ! Ill try to get some more pics soon

bpunisher18

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2006
Racine, WI
Sweet , we have a bar in our basement and no more room for tanks and my wife said we could just tear out the bar to make room for another ? That is such a kick ass idea I may just have to do it myself, although I'm not very crafty with stuff like that. Would you be willing to share some insight on your design. Or even better some sweet step by step instructions. You know sorta like a "How to build a Bar fishtank stand for Dummies type of thing . :naughty:

MossOnGrass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 23, 2005

Here are some pics of how the top comes off !

as for the design and step by step by step directions there wasnt any plans
or any blue print. Ive made so many stands it kinda came naturally, dont get me wrong, I did measurements for everything I just didnt write them down
Like I said in the beginning it was going to be an over and under tank stand
the top is 6 feet long which is the length of my 125 , hopefully these pics can inspire you or someone to build thier very own Bar design . I would like to see it , I am not the most or even very skilled wood worker , but with a little patience, time, thought and of course a love for Beer anyone can build one of these

Patrick

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store