Florida Gar in a 250G?

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
According to our stickies, FL Gars would be fine in a 180 (6x2x2). If your tank is wider than that, there should be no question the gar will be fine for life. As mentioned above though, just make sure he's big enough to feel comfortable in there with the rest of your stock.
yeah definitely mate. thanks. hang on. ive got a list of what I want as stock. ill post t now.

"big ball of light, spits out dinosaurs" - Mac, Primeval New World

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
12x Clown loach
1x Synodontis decora Hybrid
1x Synodontis Ornatipinnis
1x Black Shark
1x Tyre Track eel
1x Fire eel
1x Rocket Gar
1x Florida Gar
1x Adonis Plec
2x L025 Scarlet Plecs
2x L114 Plecs
1x Butterfly Plec
1x Rusty Plec
3x Flagtail Prochilodus

That's the stock I've got planned. if there's any issues, the problem fish will be transferred to either my girlfriends tank or to my friends 6x3x3

johnnytaboo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 4, 2005
MD, DC, VA
WOW! That is going to be an amazing looking tank. How big is the FL Gar you're going to pick up? If he's really too small to feel comfortable in there, then any smaller tank that's 18" wide would serve as a good grow-out (40br or 75).

I'd love to see this tank is you have any pics :drool:. Those are awesome dimensions with a great stock list.

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
WOW! That is going to be an amazing looking tank. How big is the FL Gar you're going to pick up? If he's really too small to feel comfortable in there, then any smaller tank that's 18" wide would serve as a good grow-out (40br or 75).

I'd love to see this tank is you have any pics :drool:. Those are awesome dimensions with a great stock list.
thats the hope my friend! the tank isn't built yet. im finishing my GCSE exams on June 14th and so the build should begin June 20th. I wanna buy the Florida Gar at around 8-10" so I can see him/her grow!

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
I don't know about those clown loach but it is not a good idea to keep gar with pleco as they can suck on the gar slim coat when the gar is resting on the bottom at night and that will kill the gar.

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
I don't know about those clown loach but it is not a good idea to keep gar with pleco as they can suck on the gar slim coat when the gar is resting on the bottom at night and that will kill the gar.
true. the plecs im keeping have been with gars however if any problems do occur, the gar will be moved to my friends 300G

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
Anyone know where I can get 8-10" Florida Gar for reasonable price/shipping to uk?

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
Anyone know where I can get 8-10" Florida Gar for reasonable price/shipping to uk?

Haha. I just got a 15 inch FG private sale. Love this fish:)

Go to Wild woods. They got 10-12 inchers. Maybe some smaller too. Well cheap £30...

Also try MH hillingdon.
They have some much smaller ones. Come from singapore.. so probably Farm bred . still nice though.

Which MH do you work at?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
Originally Posted by xApostle<br />
Anyone know where I can get 8-10" Florida Gar for reasonable price/shipping to uk?<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Haha. I just got a 15 inch FG private sale. Love this fish:)<br />
<br />
Go to Wild woods. They got 10-12 inchers. Maybe some smaller too. Well cheap £30...<br />
<br />
Also try MH hillingdon. <br />
They have some much smaller ones. Come from singapore.. so probably Farm bred . still nice though. <br />
<br />
Which MH do you work at? <br />
<br />
Sent from my GT-I9300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
hi mate, thanks for reply. ill check those out! I work at MH Osterley

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store