Flower and frontosa

capone06

Feeder Fish
Feb 22, 2006
Allen, TX
Hello I am trying to set up a 125 gallon, what I plan to keep is a frontosa and a flower horn would these two be compatilble with each other and what type of filtration system do any of you recommend? Thanks

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
I would say no. Frontosas tend to be pretty docile as far as big cichlids go. Plus they grow very slow. Plus FH are pretty nasty fish and a FH would probably just rip it apart like a rag doll. By the way welcom to MFK.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
you can get flowerhorns to live with other cichlids, but I would say a frontosa probably isnt one of them. As previously stated, flowerhorns are generally much more agressive than flowerhorns and do grow slower.

SinisterKisses

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2005
...In a 125gal, depending on the Flowerhorn, its likely it won't let anything else in that tank. Flowerhorn are mostly very nasty fish, and it will definitely rip apart any poor Frontosa that is unlucky enough to get stuck with it.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
rallysman said:
you can get flowerhorns to live with other cichlids, but I would say a frontosa probably isnt one of them. As previously stated, flowerhorns are generally much more agressive than fronts and do grow slower.

Fixed it so it isnt as :screwy:

DeLgAdO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
Chula Vista, CA (San Diego)
www.myspace.com
rallysman said:
you can get flowerhorns to live with other cichlids, but I would say a frontosa probably isnt one of them. As previously stated, flowerhorns are generally much more agressive than flowerhorns and do grow slower.
no

flowerhorns are just as aggressive as flowerhorns ;) and they grow the same ;)

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
You can def. put other things in that tank but a frontosa is not one of those things, I dont think it will work. Me and my bf have a FH in the 125gal with a parrot, 3 tinfoil barbs, 4 clown loaches, 1 oscar, 1 lima sn, some balla shakrs an irridecent shark and some sardin looking thing and it works out fine.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store