flowerhorn with bichir?

lil_monsters

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
USA
has anyone else tried keeping a flowerhorn with a bichir only? So far, it's goin good for me, all the flowerhorn do to my albino is chase it a bit. nothing serious.

danz

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2006
Escondido, ca
www.flowerhorncraze.com
There are lots of variables but a good rule of thumb is if you dont care about the fish leave it in. May FH owners will attest that one day the fish will snap and could get ugly. Ive have been able to keep some fish with plecos and others kill them same with snails. I would make sure there is an escape area for any fish you may want to protect. I have used an egg crate divider with a hold the FH cannot fit though in an emergency. I came home one day to fine a female BP beat up and hiding in that space and was able to heal her up. I would have flushed her with out the safe house.

oddball_freak

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2007
O-Dub
Bichirs are aggressive with strong jaws, but FH's are just mean as hell. I agree w/ Danz if you're going to keep them together make sure the bichir can hide.

Nathan43

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2007
Omaha NE
fishfreak317;2050849; said:
i keep my biggest flowerhorn currently with a 15inch bichir. they do square off from time to time, but neither seem to have the upper hand on the other. i have noticed no torn fins or missing parts on either yet.
:WHOA:Holy big bichir batman! My 7" bichir had no problems avoiding danger from my Red Devil since I had a few hiding spots.

lil_monsters

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
USA
the FH is only aggressive during feeding and when I'm around, so i put a little more food jus so the bichir can eat. FH jealous cuz I pay more attention to the bichir. =)

fishfreak317

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
flowerhorncraze.com
Nathan43;2051096; said:
:WHOA:Holy big bichir batman! My 7" bichir had no problems avoiding danger from my Red Devil since I had a few hiding spots.
yeah my bichir hides from nothing but me when i clean the tank. also would have no problem eating your bichir. :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store