Flowerhorn won't eat... Need help!

fishincube

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2010
Sacramento
Just be on the safe side, look for any out of ordinary symptoms: Color change, swallen eyes, clamp fins, stress.... Your water parameters are okay does not mean your fish is healthy, losing appetize is one of the symptoms that fish might be sick, my fishes normally will rush to the front tank and beg for food when I walk close, your FH is just like a baby, he won't tell you what is wrong, you have to find out yourself, that is why I like the challenging hoby, don't use unnecessary meds yet, bump up the heat, and do small water change daily, feed him whatever he takes, don't starve your fish when he is not strong enough since not eating well, you might end up killing him.

fido2

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2010
london
how come you have so low Nitrate: >5ppm in aquarium with fish do you use ro water or you have very nice tap water
what tests do you use

Ghost Knife

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2012
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Lol, as soon as I get a decent pic I will post em, especially his progress/growth, I have been in the hobby for years & years, just new to FH's so when I can give advise I'll surly will.

The water supply here has 0ppm nitrates to start with, when I had my tank set up with African Malawi's (26 of them) the nitrates would be @40ppm, my FH is alone in his tank and still very young.

I use an API freshwater test kit, the colour of the test was close to 5ppm, def under 10ppm, so really it's not 100% accurate in a digital scale, but from testing the water supply (being low) to my Africans (being high) his nitrates are good, as he increases in size, im sure the nitrate level too,

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store