Flowerhorn

canucksfan1

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2007
gibsons
What 2 sepcies of fish will breed and make a FH????

santoury

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
Massachusetts
There are a lot of possibilities - Red Devils/Midas Cichlids, Red Terrors, the already-hybrid Parrot Cichlid, Texas Cichlids, and so forth.
Heck, I've been seeing some that are elongated, and look just like pink tilapias! No clue what those are lol

Bsixxx

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
I agree

for one both parents them selves need to be hybrids!

BastardFish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2005
West Coast
Man I know this is off topic but Bsixxx what is that dog in your Avatar called? I used to know and I have been searching it is driving me crazy!:D I thought for a second Tasmanian Devil but no, and not a Dingo either almost positive I saw a show on it and they are extinct but man what is it called??:)

BastardFish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2005
West Coast
most original strains underwent anywhere from 7-11 crossbreeding and than back breeding from offspring to parent and so forth. You can see this is much work and time, that is why much respect should be given to Asian breeders. Now a days it is much easier. One only needs to acquire some FH them selves and than just play around breeding this with that. However to make flowerhorn you must at least have one flowerhorn in the picture. Otherwise you get fortune fish, or just an odd hybrid, or Red Texas depending on what is used. Kamfa is easy, but to tackle the trick of starting from scratch meaning no FH blood, and than make yourself say a Red Dragon well hahha good luck with that:ROFL:

fishdude666

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2006
australia
cross back with texas ,bp , kkp's and darmo parrots

it's fun no matter what you cross 'em with

lol

greenterra

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
BastardFish;880722; said:
Man I know this is off topic but Bsixxx what is that dog in your Avatar called? I used to know and I have been searching it is driving me crazy!:D I thought for a second Tasmanian Devil but no, and not a Dingo either almost positive I saw a show on it and they are extinct but man what is it called??:)
Bsixxx avtar is a Tasmanian Tiger.Now thought extinct.That footage was the last one in captivity as far as I know.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store