Fluval lighting n settings

LiquidUtopia

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2023
Hello everyone,
I would like to suggest an area for people to post there particular Fluval light settings. I know theres videos and all this information out there but to be honest sometimes you just need a short and sweet "this is what I have and I'm using in this size of tank". I just find either theres a lack of, or information overload on this particular subject. I purchased one of these Fluval 3.0 x 36 inch lights back in Oct 2023. Even after reading and researching I find its just mind boggling.
Anyways after the past 2 months I have been adjusting and tuning my light for my aquarium.
So I thought maybe we could all start posting just what exactly we are all using "setting wise" to help one another. I would say other lights are fine too but prob need to stick with ones that have a type of calibration. I understand some will or will not have Co2 as well but its a starting point. Also there will be many other factors but I think lighting plays a massive role.
Below is my current setting for a 65 gallon tank 36 l x 18 w x 25 h with both medium to low light plants. I am still tuning as I am finding still too much light for my Anubias and javas. Everything else is flourishing and I also have Co2 running. Substrate is currently stratum, volcanic gravel, capped with sand.
I hope this is helpful for others as a quick go to.Screenshot_20240114-153756_FluvalSmart.jpg

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Chicago area
I have a 48-in in a 210 gallon and I just set it to 100% all around haha.

About 4 hours in the morning and 5 in the evening.

I have large anubias barteri and pothos at the top. No algae so far.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store