fluvel fx6 overkill?

alexisnsanti

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2014
california
i started the post cus the flow of the out take seems to bother my gars a bit so i was thinking if it might be to much but never thought about the spray bar idea ... gonna get the spray bar .. but they poop so much its insane. i have a sand substrate that i need to vaccum frequently or itll look like a poop substrate

lunker65

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2013
Virginia
i started the post cus the flow of the out take seems to bother my gars a bit so i was thinking if it might be to much but never thought about the spray bar idea ... gonna get the spray bar .. but they poop so much its insane. i have a sand substrate that i need to vaccum frequently or itll look like a poop substrate
yea i just got rid or sand for that reason. it aways looked so messy. but as stated here already, no such thing as too much filtration.

pigoo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2013
United States
Ok...good deal. Wasn't 100% sure if the question was too much filtration, too much return tube flow, or both. The spray bar idea should help.:)

alexisnsanti

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2014
california
I know what you're saying. I have 4 gar in my tank (12" to 18+"). I have an FX5 and an HOB filter on this tank.
do you do the vaccuming frequently to?. cus the problem i have is if i dont than itll add alot of ammonia in the water and if i leave it on the sand to long itll sink into the sand and make it look really bad..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store