For Sale | SHUTTING DOWN FISH ROOMS Tanks Systems and Accessories | $100 | Lakewood CA | Pickup Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

darennman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
What type of listing is this?:
For Sale
What are you trying to sell/buy/trade?:
SHUTTING DOWN FISH ROOMS Tanks Systems and Accessories
What are your prices?:
Where are you located?:
Lakewood CA
Pickup or Able to Ship?:
Pickup Only
Description:
I am moving shortly and shutting down my SoCal fish rooms. I will have several tanks and filters available for sale. Some are available immediately, and others will not be available until late July after all the livestock have been safely relocated.

No “free” holds. If you want a tank/system, 50% deposit will be required to hold it for the few weeks until it is cleared out and ready to go.

Due to physical limitations after recent surgeries, I will not be able to help you move any of the large tanks, so please plan to bring enough help along with appropriate dollies/equipment.

Pics will follow as I have time to post them.

The systems I have available for purchase are as follows (dimensions given as Length x Width x Height):

540G Acrylic (96”x36”x36”) – TANK ONLY. Made from 1” thick acrylic and framed in steel for show tank display purposes. It has a rear corner overflow and dual returns. It has been in continuous use for a few years, and does not leak. As with any used acrylic tank there are minor scratches, all of which can be buffed and polished out. Removal of this tank requires that I will have to remove the bay windows in the fish room. The cost of the professional removal and re-installation of the bay windows are included in the sale price of $1000.

290G Wide Acrylic (65”x43”x24”) – Tank & steel stand. Rock solid and has been in my living room for years. Has a rear-center overflow. Has one notable scratch on the front face from its last move, but the acrylic is plenty thick enough to buff and polish it out if desired. $900

250G Tall Acrylic (72”x30”x27”) – Tank & DIY wood stand. Scratches on the right-side face (purchased that way from another MFK member) but built thick with ¾” acrylic – HEAVY. Has dual corner overflows, but they are not drilled. $600

180G Long Acrylic (96”x24”x18”) Uniquarium & DIY wood stand – Complete setup: In addition to having the built-in wet-dry filtration in the back (still packed with bio balls), the tank is bottom drilled with four outlets, and plumbed to an FX5. The complete setup will include the tank, wood stand, external pump for the wet dry and the FX5 (media included). This is a turnkey setup and I used it for grow outs for several years. The acrylic is in very good shape and all you’ll need is a quick polish to shine it up. $600

350G Acrylic Bowfront (60”x28”x48”) – Tank & Fiberglass stand, made from 1 - 1 1/2” acrylic, depending on the panel. The tank is CRACKED – 16” spiral fracture along the right seam and a partially cracked base panel. It is beyond any repair that I am willing to perform. You can chop it up for scrap acrylic or spend some $$$ to replace the panel and have a beautiful tank just like I did for many years. SUPER HEAVY – 4 or more required to move it safely. Price is $100 just to harvest the acrylic and re-use fiberglass base.

1000G DIY Wood Pond (Ext Dim 99”x78”x39”) – Has a leak and needs a liner patch at around the 16” height. Very heavy duty wood build and requires a MINIMUM of 4-5 people to move. $300

240G DIY Wood Pond (Ext Dim 70”x44”x23”) – Purchased with a liner hole at the 6” mark. Bought a replacement liner for it and it’s in use (NO LEAKS), but I have not yet tacked it down under the frame, so you’ll want to do that if you want it to be a display pond for your patio. $250

300G Black Plastic Above Ground Pond (Ext Dim 70”x47”x24”) – Works great & in use until very recently. $150

450G Traystor Aquatic Transport Cube (Ext Dim 48”x48”x48”) – built-in wet-dry filtration for long-haul livestock transport. (see http://www.bionovations.ca/index.html) Unit needs replacement plug at bottom (dog chewed up the original). Can be re-ordered through Canadian supplier website for around $30. Sacrifice at $200.

30G Acrylic Hexagon – 23” Tall & matching wood stand, and includes Fluval 405 filter, 100W heater, and aerator. $100

Small Glass Tanks - $0.75 per gallon:

55G – 48”x15”x18”

50G – 48”x15”x16” (x 2)

35G – 30”x12”x22”

30G – 30”x13”x18”

20G – 30”x12”x13”

20G – 24”x12”x17” (x 6)

20G – 30”x12”x13”

12G – 20”x10”x14”

10G – 20”x10”x12”

Small Acrylic Tanks - $1 per gallon:

45G – 36”x15”x19”

40G – 36”x15”x17”

37G – 24”x18”x20” (blue side & back) (x 2)

There will also be a couple of multi-tank rack stands, several canister filters (e.g., FX5, Eheim Pro 3, Rena XP3), HOB filters, and other accessories coming up for sale in the next 2-3 weeks as I continue to break down setups.

I can be reached at 562-726-7401 to schedule an appointment to come by. I am in and out of town and will be working on a tight schedule. Serious buyers only – no low-ballers or tire kickers please, because whatever doesn’t sell will just come with me. Thanks for the interest~!​
Shipping method:
Acknowledgement:
I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Wow. I would have loved to see those tanks when they were at their prime. Good luck with sale.

darennman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks. No livestock for sale, sorry. They're all coming with me and going to even bigger homes :)

Reactions: JiujiteiroMike

knobhill

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
IN A PLACE
Thanks. No livestock for sale, sorry. They're all coming with me and going to even bigger homes :)
That's good to hear! Bump for a great guy with an awesome collection. Please add me to the wait list for a tour of the bigger homes!!!

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
Moving fish sucks and I hope everything work out good for you. Make sure you get a few gallons of these. Nutrifin Cycle. This stuff cleared my water and save most of my live stocks.

image.jpg

And good luck with the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store