cnel124

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2013
Bangkok
Just because you can get away with it doesn't make it right

The idea is to provide our fish the best water possible

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Yeah I've been thinking of setting up my filter lately, I know its ok for now but when my gars get bigger it'll probably be a nightmare.

scott s

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2010
Indiana
Well, I've done it for two years now.

I change 150 gallons a day, on a 180 gallon tank. See when you live in Bangkok, there's already plenty of bacteria perfect for fish and terrible for drinking.

you'll be very surprised if you come to Asia and see how many people here practice any kind of "cycle" on their tanks.
I for one would be interested in hearing the different methods of husbandry in Asia.

Tank sizes, water treatment, filtration methods, breeding methods...all would be welcome.

Anyone from that part of the world care to chime in?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

cnel124

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2013
Bangkok
I for one would be interested in hearing the different methods of husbandry in Asia.

Tank sizes, water treatment, filtration methods, breeding methods...all would be welcome.

Anyone from that part of the world care to chime in?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Well I only know Bangkok, but Tank sizes for big fish? Ha, although some places keep their fish in appropriate tank sizes, I see people keep Alligator gars, Arapaima, Snakehead, and other big fish in tanks which are larger than the width of the tank.

Water changes are a common filtration method here, I see a simple built in filtration device which is within the tank usually also. It goes like this, an overflow goes into the section onto cotton cloth, then through spongy material, and back into the tank (usually). I think there is some biological filtration used but it's not common, I'll take pictures next time I go to Chatuchak.

Private fish keepers probably take a lot better care, and fish keepers keeping more expensive fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store