FORCE FEDDING PBASS

jusmad

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2006
Honolulu HI
If i starve my pbass will it eventually eat pellets that i throw in the tank or will they just starve and die? Just wondering cause they are getting pretty expensive to feed. I tried the method in the sticky but it hasnt worked. SHould i just keep trying?

santoury

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
Massachusetts
Can't force anything on a fish without doing harm.

reefman

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
In front of my tanks
you can starve them and they usally take it but you should have a fish that will take pellets in the tank with them it helps

jusmad

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2006
Honolulu HI
I have five pbass. My biggest one eats pellets no problem.....Its the other four that are costing me some money. They will swim up to the the pellets but then turn around. My biggest one will pound the pellets as soon as I throw them in. Has anyone ever had a problem like this?

tankyou

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2007
TEXAS
Eventually the others should learn from the learned one I doubt they will starve themselves to death.

GS-Ryan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2007
hawaii
my peacock bass died, im gonna pick up some more at moanalua pet store.... i hope i can raise them to be monsters.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
I started with Krill, which are much more palatable. Throw them at the water, the fish instinctively strike. Then when they are used to the frozen krill, swap in some pellets.

BigPleco

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2005
Markesan, WI
Try small chunks of nightcrawlers...then you can add some pellets inside the nightcrawler chunks to fill them up more and give them a more balanced diet. Otherwise go catch a fish (or buy one at the store)...fillet it up and cut it into small pieces and see if they eat it. I have done both successfully with my 10 3-4" Orinos. They are fat little pigs....couldnt imagine what I would be paying if they were on live. $15/week!!!!

Dark_Angel

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2007
Indonesia
I keep my temensis...with 4 uarus and semaprochilodus, i always give them pellet...and when my cichla starve it will eat the pellets too...

xxblwn408

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2005
iN A sMALL pADDeD RoOm
jusmad;794721; said:
I have five pbass. My biggest one eats pellets no problem.....Its the other four that are costing me some money. They will swim up to the the pellets but then turn around. My biggest one will pound the pellets as soon as I throw them in. Has anyone ever had a problem like this?

That's funny, ALL of the were eating sinking carnivor pellets.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store