Found my old fish on craigslist.

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
With the way colors scoot around on fish, it could go either way.

I saw my first Oscar at the LFS about six months after I gave it up. I recognized the scars and pattern and was completely convinced. But after a few minutes I noticed that he was actually smaller than the one I gave up. So either he shrank (possible!) or it was a different fish. Eh. I figure once they enter circulation it's up to the wind.

manlyfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
michigan
even if they were identical how would you know that it used to belong to you?

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
The easiest way would be to ask who he bought it from, and go down the line. Fish are like trading cards sometimes. He might have been marked up, sold, marked down, sold, etc. ten times by now.

Camphilophus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2008
Howell, Michigan
manlyfish;4180088; said:
even if they were identical how would you know that it used to belong to you?
you could start by reading the thread before you make another post.

knifegill;4180099; said:
The easiest way would be to ask who he bought it from, and go down the line. Fish are like trading cards sometimes. He might have been marked up, sold, marked down, sold, etc. ten times by now.
I figure he's been traded around a few times by now. The fish already sold off of craigslist. I'm not that worried about where he has been and don't really care to know about everybody who kept him. He looks healthy to me I'm just glad to see him still alive. There's always a risk when you trade something into the store you never know who will buy it. I just thought it was interesting seeing one of my old fish posted for sale on craigslist. It was more or less nice to see a update on him.

Dragon Hunter

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2006
lalaland
Camphilophus;4180061; said:
Did you look at the spots? If you'd ever raised a flowerhorn you'd know that flowerlines don't stay exactly the same throughout the entire life of the fish.
i was a flowerhorn fanatic before MFK. just my opinion hopefully it is your old fish.

AquaPets

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2006
atlanta, GA
Very close but not the same fish.. Black marking are diff

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store