FRESH manzanita to aquarium safety

savannah_az

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2010
az
I think the bark will need to come off before you try to use in the tank,it would leave a mess as ot breaks down in water ,if you left it on

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
So thats where the sand(blasting) comes into play then... its a "must".

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Can we take a quick step back and get some details on the..."swashbuckling accident"

johnny potatoes

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2010
Dewey
Not to argue with anyone here, but I have access to fresh manzanita. All I did was stand it upright in the yard for a few months to dry out. I then placed it in my tank, the bark grew some sort of white fungus I would call it. I had a sail fin pleco at the time, he went absolutely nuts for this fungus. The bark is a PITA as it falls off over time, taken out with the gravel vac. There was some tannins leaching into the water, cleared up by placing carbon in the filter for a few days. Again I'm NOT an expert on this subject, just sharing my personal experience. I have a manzanita tree drying out now for placement in my new 450 I'm in the process of setting up now.

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

savannah_az

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2010
az
I'm to old to be swashbuckling kids, i attempted to take on 3 of them and ended up sliding down a small hill and taking out a couple manzanita in the process.... i figured i might as well put them to good use.

Can we take a quick step back and get some details on the..."swashbuckling accident"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store