freshwater bamboo shark

Deano1956

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2008
Morris, IL.
Just saw a show on animal planet about Bull's up in the river at the bottom of Austrailia on Rver Monsters, he caught one that was over 500 lbs

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
At work..... with my large set ups keeping sharks and rays. :D

(Just added a new Southern ray to the big Reef about 30 mins ago.... thread will be posted tonight with pics and video.)

turbo253

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2009
new york
Deano1956;4498113; said:
where's everyone on here that does keep large setups and has sharks and rays???
working on a good transport setup so I got something good to talk about in the near future.lol

BellycrawlerJaws

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2010
Long Island, New York
Deano1956;4498108; said:
Just saw a show on animal planet about Bull's up in the river at the bottom of Austrailia on Rver Monsters, he caught one that was over 500 lbs
People who have 55 gallon tanks who want a red tail cat should watch that show... Such a good show!:headbang2:headbang2

VampAro69

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2008
Venice, FL
The shark week had a show about Bull sharks and how they live in freshwater, "I THINK" they said somehow Bulls can self adjust the salinity in their body. I dont know how to describe it bit if they are in fresh water the shark somehow keeps high salt lavels in their body where the need it or in their skin or somthing, and "I THINK" they can be born in freshwater and live their entire life in freshwater.

If anybody wants I will re-watch the show and listen to how they do it and tell you guys. Let me know if anybody cares before it gets deleted from my tv memory.

And I would not be suprised if some IDIOT wanted a freshwater banded cat and converted it, to say oh look what I did. Like sombody said that pups can live in lower salt levels for a while so its cruel I think also, and I think will slowely die.

I do have a good question for somebody shark smart, because sharks can conduct electricty because saltwater is a strong conductent or whatever in freshwater will the shark loose most of its 6th sence like conducting prey????

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
Not exactly. Sharks don't conduct electrical signals... they pick up on them. Yes, bulls can live and are born in freshwater.

This freshwater bamboo shark thread is super old and proven a fake.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store