Freshwater Stingray Territory/Habits Help?!

agent1207

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2020
Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Recently I have noticed that the stingray likes to stick to one half of the aquarium, and constantly only climbs up beside my powerheads on the side glass. Unless its feeding time when he goes nuts and searches everywhere for food and climbs the front glass, I generally do not see it going throughout the aquarium anymore (very occasionally on the sand).

When I first had the stingray as a pup he was in a 90 gallon and would climb throughout the aquarium (including all glass panels) not just sticking to one side like he is now.

He is a Male Motoro Stingray I owned him since he was a pup 6-7". Now he is housed in a 225 gallon and I have owned him for over 6 months he is around 11" to a foot in diameter (just the disk).

Is there a reason that he is sticking to one half of the aquarium?

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Recently I have noticed that the stingray likes to stick to one half of the aquarium, and constantly only climbs up beside my powerheads on the side glass. Unless its feeding time when he goes nuts and searches everywhere for food and climbs the front glass, I generally do not see it going throughout the aquarium anymore (very occasionally on the sand).

When I first had the stingray as a pup he was in a 90 gallon and would climb throughout the aquarium (including all glass panels) not just sticking to one side like he is now.

He is a Male Motoro Stingray I owned him since he was a pup 6-7". Now he is housed in a 225 gallon and I have owned him for over 6 months he is around 11" to a foot in diameter (just the disk).

Is there a reason that he is sticking to one half of the aquarium?
possibly he enjoys the flow on that side of the aquarium.

Reactions: agent1207
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store