Freshwater Stingray

Saahil

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2016
Hey guys,

I recently got baby motoro stingray like a week back. He's hardly eating and is housed with an albino bichir and an Asian arowana. He's housed in a 180 gal. The ph, nitrites, ammonia and nitrates are perfect. The bottom substrate is white sand. This morning I noticed a mark on his disc seems like a fin rot. Can you tell me what would have caused this. It can't be a burn as I don't have a heater. Live in a tropical climate so really a heater isn't required. Also I've tried feeding market shrimp he didn't eat. He did eat some live bloodworms though. Can you pls help me with a solution

flukekiller

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2014
gloucester, va 23061
pics would help,, as far as not eating he just might need adjust to his new home.. is he CB or WC? and if hes really small i would try live black worms, my guys attacked them.

Saahil

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2016
pics would help,, as far as not eating he just might need adjust to his new home.. is he CB or WC? and if hes really small i would try live black worms, my guys attacked them.
Here you go!! Looks like a small dent on his disc

IMG_6741.JPG

reddead38

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2013
USA
Looks like heaterburn or ammonia burn to me, however if you have ruled that out then I'd say it's your birchir. Do frequent water changes add some salt maybe some melafix. Buy some black worms and fatten him up.

Saahil

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2016
Looks like heaterburn or ammonia burn to me, however if you have ruled that out then I'd say it's your birchir. Do frequent water changes add some salt maybe some melafix. Buy some black worms and fatten him up.
Sure I'd do that right away! Also doing a water change today! This can be cured right? Melafix ill add should I quarantine him another tank ? Would that help? I have 50gal cycled tank which I usually quarantine feeders in. It's got 4 mollies at the moment

reddead38

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2013
USA
Yes it can heal with clean water. Melafix is very mild dose the whole tank it won't hurt, also dose with prazipro si CE you haven't had the ray long he probably has parasites. I always dose new rays with prazipro reguardless of where or who I get them from. A few Preventative steps save a whole lot of money and headaches. Also get the birchirs into the other tank.

Saahil

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2016
Yes that they do :) getting live black worms is a real pain in my country where I live. What food do u think is best for it at the moment . I have easy access to quarantined guppies, bloodworms and earthworms. Packaged food isn't a problem we get all brands here

Reyhan

Feeder Fish
Jan 10, 2019
Jakarta, Indonesia
I need help.. My Leopoldi suddenly died. She was eating yesterday and everything was normal as usual. When I woke up this morning she has suddenly passed. Water was fine everything was fine.. What the hell happened. She was with an Arowana, Clown Knife, 2 Bichirs, and a Fire Eel, but they all got along.. When I picked her up there were no scratches no torn discs (?) She was fine..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store