From Hawaii with Love

Dr. Cray

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2013
Oahu, Hawaii via Florida
Caught these today on live madaka (local term for mosquito fish) they reminded me of home! It was in the jungle basically so the lighting was hard to get. I miss keeping NA natives, but the freshwater fish and fishing are great! Hope you enjoy.

Cheers,
Cray

Smallmouth Bass.jpgSmallmouth_Bass_2.jpg

Smallmouth Bass.jpg

Smallmouth_Bass_2.jpg

Cod

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
Michigan
i would've thought it was too hot for smallies, nice.

i have a question, is flowing water usually colder than stagnant water?

Dr. Cray

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2013
Oahu, Hawaii via Florida
i would've thought it was too hot for smallies, nice.

i have a question, is flowing water usually colder than stagnant water?
The flowing water is definitely chilly. Probably 68-72 degrees. Cold to the touch for sure. They hit mosquito fish like they hadn't had a meal in days. I'd through one in and bass would come out of now where to eat it. Really fun fishing.

Also, there is definitely places in NC where you can catch smallies.

This was my first small mouth. I never caught one in my whole life in Florida, so it's funny I caught it as an invasive in another part of the world.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

crappiekeeper

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2012
The land of the pine
The flowing water is definitely chilly. Probably 68-72 degrees. Cold to the touch for sure. They hit mosquito fish like they hadn't had a meal in days. I'd through one in and bass would come out of now where to eat it. Really fun fishing.

Also, there is definitely places in NC where you can catch smallies.

This was my first small mouth. I never caught one in my whole life in Florida, so it's funny I caught it as an invasive in another part of the world.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
We have them here, but only in the mountains and highlands. At least a 3 hour drive from Raleigh.

Itsadeepbluesea

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2008
Very nice, surprised to see them in Hawaii, but hey must be nice to have a taste of home.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
There is some rainbow trout in Hawaii.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store