Frontosa Behavior

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
i don't want to say for sure... but be prepared to move fronts because of socofoli... fronts are extremely timid... and if the socofoli stress them they could get sick and perish..fronts at this size are really a risk.. so watch careful.. make sure they are eating etc.. because they cannot and won't compete for food against the socofoli if they feel threatened.. the fronts should eat from the substrate.. and not from top... they suck in air easily... hope they do well for you..they are adorable..

gotbluegrass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2008
Indianapolis area (Brownsburg)
Red Devil;2600842; said:
i don't want to say for sure... but be prepared to move fronts because of socofoli... fronts are extremely timid... and if the socofoli stress them they could get sick and perish..fronts at this size are really a risk.. so watch careful.. make sure they are eating etc.. because they cannot and won't compete for food against the socofoli if they feel threatened.. the fronts should eat from the substrate.. and not from top... they suck in air easily... hope they do well for you..they are adorable..
Thanks for the tip! The fronts do seem to be eating quite well. I did notice that they do basically sift for most of their food from the bottom. Actually this is a temprorary arrangment while I am resetting a 36g bowfront tank that I'm going to use for the fronts as a grow-out tank. Hope to have that ready by next week.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
gotbluegrass;2601929; said:
Thanks for the tip! The fronts do seem to be eating quite well. I did notice that they do basically sift for most of their food from the bottom. Actually this is a temprorary arrangment while I am resetting a 36g bowfront tank that I'm going to use for the fronts as a grow-out tank. Hope to have that ready by next week.
thats great.. you will be fine with that arrangement... i cannot wait to see them as they grow..hope you will enjoy yours as much as i have enjoyed mine...slow growing though... but time goes quickly..:D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store