Frontosa Or Petrochromis?

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
Petros are like bigger, meaner, uglier Tropheus. The novelty will wear off in a couple months. And you'll have a few hundred dollars of stupid fish that only a handful of people in the country will care to properly house.

Frontosa are big and dumb and skittish but gorgeous in color and shape (in my opinion). If you go Frontosa get quality ones.

What size tank, by the way? 180g+ I hope...

Matt

P.A.NativesBPM

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2012
Pennsylvania
Petros are like bigger, meaner, uglier Tropheus. The novelty will wear off in a couple months. And you'll have a few hundred dollars of stupid fish that only a handful of people in the country will care to properly house.

Frontosa are big and dumb and skittish but gorgeous in color and shape (in my opinion). If you go Frontosa get quality ones.

Matt
Well, I find petros to be extremely attractive fish, and I don't find having any fish to be a "novelty". It's already been decided that I'm going with petros, but thanks for the input. Tank is indeed 180 gallons.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

swk

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2009
Sonoma county

Matt
wow

ck986

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2010
NJ
I was growing out a few frontosa, had them for 6-7 months. They were the most boring fish I have ever owned. I ended up selling them and buying a tropheus colony.mthe troph's are great fish even more entertaining than my Mbuna.

I would buy petro's there are some nice species you should look into. I was just at toms tangs and he has some rare ones. They are very expensive though.

Mellywell

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Fronts can be Boring. But I find, boring tank decor = boring fish. But that is just me. I like creating homes/caves and territories for my fish. For fronts or larger fish its challenging, but should be done for proper animal/fish husbandry in my opinion. With all the caves and hiding spots the fronts are quite active. I also keep leleupi and will be adding juli m. The other fish from the same lake is quite beautiful and works well for action. Currentky i have success with peacocks with them There are a lot of great front videos on YouTube that might help you decide. Make sure you check out ones by a fmuller. They are outstanding.

Metriacliman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2012
New York
Fronts can be Boring. But I find, boring tank decor = boring fish. But that is just me. I like creating homes/caves and territories for my fish. For fronts or larger fish its challenging, but should be done for proper animal/fish husbandry in my opinion. With all the caves and hiding spots the fronts are quite active. I also keep leleupi and will be adding juli m. The other fish from the same lake is quite beautiful and works well for action. Currentky i have success with peacocks with them There are a lot of great front videos on YouTube that might help you decide. Make sure you check out ones by a fmuller. They are outstanding.
I believe you mean fmueller, he also has a great website. http://www.fmueller.com/home/aquaristic/

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store