What are you trying to sell/buy/trade?:
Live Mealworm Farming Kit
What are your prices?:
Where are you located?:
Columbus, Ohio
Pickup or Able to Ship?:
Shipping
Description:
Hey everyone. I am selling a Mealworm Farming Kit. You will be able to produce thousands of mealworms with this kit. Normally I don't sell it for this cheap. I am starting to sell more of these on Ebay and looking to get into Aquabid. I do not want to ruin my reputation (feedback score) on these sites. I have been on this forum for awhile now I know that people are more understanding here then some random guy on Ebay/Aquabid.

With the weather obviously being cold I haven't had as much experience as I would like to have. So am selling this kit for $15 including shipping. Normally I charge $30 including shipping. I'm pretty much making nothing, but I would like to receive feedback about how the shipment went when it arrives. So with that being said here is the contents of this kit.

Hello everyone! This listing is for a Mealworm Farming Starter Kit. You will receive everything you need to breed THOUSANDS of mealworms albeit a a tub to house them in. Literally any plastic tub will work. Most people have something lying around, no need to go out and buy something else.

Mealworms can be fed to almost anything! Fish will devour them, chickens relish them along with almost any reptile. Hedgehogs, sugar gliders, etc. Heck YOU can even eat them! I don't suggest it, but they do have a lot of protein!

You will receive:
20+ Mealworm Beetles/Pupa-
(There is 30 beetles and 6 pupas in the picture. You get your 20 MINIMUM beetles and some extra!)

200+ Mealworms of Varying Sizes-
(I weigh out 200 large mealworms and throw in 10% over count. Not all of them are large so in reality there is probably closer to 250+ mealworms!)

2 Pounds of Wheat Bran-
(Each bag of Wheat Bran has been microwaved and frozen for 48 hours to kill any potential mites. I personally do this for my setups. I am doing the same for yours.)

FREE SHIPPING!
*All orders will be delivered with a heat pack and Styrofoam to ensure your mealworms/beetles make it ALIVE!* All included in the FREE SHIPPING!

Breeding: The setup for breeding the beetle which will lay hundreds into the thousands of mealworms is very easy. Find yourself a shoe box sized plastic container. Put some wheat bran (a good 2 inches is sufficient) into the tub along with a water source and something for them to climb on (cardboard egg crate, toilet/paper towel rolls, etc.) A good water source is a potato cut in half skin side down or carrots work well. In 6 weeks or less you will start to see small tiny mealworms. They are very small and hard to see, but you WILL start to see the substrate move. You now have baby mealworms! Just change out the potatoes every few weeks and that is it! You can either throw in the 100+ mealworms or you can keep them separate. The beetles will eat a few mealworms, but a few is nothing compared to the thousands you can get out of this kit!

Optional: There is no wrong way to raising mealworms. If you want to feed out the 100+ mealworms or grow them out in a separate different tub you can do so.

NOTE: Also mealworms can be kept in the fridge to slow them down if you want the mealworms to last longer and not pupate as quickly. Pretty cool, huh?

Make sure to give them a water source once they get to your location...they will be thirsty! Also with it being colder they may be a bit slower at first. They will warm up within an hour or so of being inside.

I typically ship out Mondays/Tuesdays only. If you are close to Ohio though later in the week is fine. I just don't want for your kit to sit in the cold weather on a weekend! All shipments are sent through USPS Priority Mail to ensure 2-4 day delivery unless we come up with another shipping option.

Live Arrival Guarantee on the beetles/mealworms. If at least 20 beetles and the majority of the mealworms are not alive I will refund $0 (read further below) and you can keep the substrate and whatever remaining mealworms/beetles are left.

YOU MUST take a video of the beetles/mealworms for 10 seconds to verify they are dead. Within 3 hours of being delivered (delivered meaning "dropped off" per USPS tracking).. No ifs and or buts. If this is not done the Live Arrival Guarantee is void!

As stated Live Arrival Guarantee is given in this order. Since I am selling this for next to nothing I won't be able to refund anything. I will be literally selling it at close to cost. With that being said, it will have foam insulation and a 72 hour heat pack. I don't expect anything to happen, but that is why I am here. Experimenting with cold weather shipments.

Any takers? Questions?

Jeff​
Shipping method:
US Postal
Acknowledgement:
I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store