Full marine catfish

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
cleaner shrimp will setup cleaning stations and clean fish free of parasites and dead tissue. Some fish will never take to this relationship but others will. I have never witnessed my cleaners doing this.

Clean water is key to keeping algae down. The nutrients in the water are going to be about 75% of the equation so ones you cut this either out or down, in turn your algae should decrease as well.

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
lucky lol, my fish must not like my cleaners. I have a pair of them and plan on getting 2 more when the upgrade is in swing. Hoping by then i can get some fish that will do this. tangs and anthias anyways.

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
thet clean off parasites and dead skin

i think CBS do too... but they do much better in bigger tanks and in a pair.

celaners are VERY good in tang/anthias tanks. like a living RidIck, lol

Savior19

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
Austin Tx
mine just sits around all day in a decor vase and does nothing unitl he sees my other fish going crazy when im feeding them.........then he comes out grabs a piece of a shrimp pellet and heds back in till next feeding time

Cappuccino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2007
New York
zepprocker45;1680376; said:
Yeah I don't think true marine catfish have much of an appetite for algae.
Yes that is correct, marine catfish do not eat algae. If you want something that will help you with your algae situations you could use some snails, urchins, starfish, tangs, butterflies, or angel fish and sometimes even certain wrasses. These will help you with your algae situation

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store