Mar 31, 2010
Here
Should be clear soon I'm betting. Fingers crossed

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
I'm seeing improvement on Trimac's head. Tbe original 5 growths are going away, he has 2 new ones that are small, started 1st or 2nd day of treatment. None of the fish are flashing anymore.

The other white growths on fish's fins that looked like fungus are getting smaller on fish that have them, and no new fish are coming down with it.

Not a cure--but SOME improvement? Only 3rd or 4th day of tbe med's.

I guess enough evidence to warrant continuing on with this regime? Nitro and Metro daily.,,

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Are you trying to recreate Paragon? 3x would have been better at your Ph but it's still in the upper range of Furans effect limit. Feeding Metro is the way to administer it but it is also effective in the water. I always suggest dosing the tank at the recommended rate and withholding the last pack as a food soak. API GC (prazi/metro) is also effective administered this way. I really am not sure what that is. Watch your water if not treating in a qt tank.

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Clean how? 0 ammonia and nitrite, low nitrate for sure. I'm keeping solids off the bottom with a daily vacuum. But.... All these med's say to do a 25% WC before each treatment. Well, that's daily.

Why?

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Trimac won't eat today. Three Sunspilum are laying on tbe bottom. Guess I'll do a 50% WC and see if that helps.

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Trimac taking long white stringy dumps....is that a "worse before it gets better" type thing? Or is that deterioration in his condition?

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Trimac taking long white stringy dumps....is that a "worse before it gets better" type thing? Or is that deterioration in his condition?

that to me sounds like hex. Prazi pro should clear that up. Pretty sure bacterial skin infections are a secondary symptom too, along with no appetite/lethargy so I'd try prazi-pro in the tank, and some Epsom salt soaked food if they'll eat. If I remember without looking back you said you had used prazi and saw results? I'd go back to that asap and stick with it for a whole treatment. Salt will help the secondary lesions.

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Trimac got beat up last night...Midas had him in a corner this morning biting at his side. So, moved him to my 125 grow out tank and put him alone behind a divider.

He won't eat so I suppose I'll just treat the 125 with Metro in tbe water.

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
And the 3 Syn's that were laying on the bottom....now one of them has a long stringy white dump...so I GOTTA believe I have a Hex outbreak now. I really want to save this Trimac. So I started the pipette Epsom salt trick from the sticky top of this thread. I have pretty much no choice now because he won't eat any food, and I'm not sure Metro in the water is doing much. I started soaking food in Metro Sunday.

This is totally frustrating, though. Except for one fish, this all started with cosmetic symptoms--white growths. Soon as the cosmetic symptoms start getting better, it turns into a Hex outbreak?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store