Future stunner male dovii

kingdovii831

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2013
Gonzales, ca
nice, iv got a one incher that might give this guy a run for his money, trying to catch him and put him in his own tank but its hard when theres 60 other fry in the tank, plus mom and dad
Haha good luck with that! I see a new thread forming...."nicest dovii under 4 inches" lol let the competition begin!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

kingdovii831

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2013
Gonzales, ca
This little guy has so much character already. He hasn't quite hit the 4 inch mark yet. I think having him in with my female is giving him a boost in confidence. He's definitely not shy and never hides. My last male hit 13 in and was scared to death of me. Thanks for checking him out and keeping this thread going.

kingdovii831

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2013
Gonzales, ca
Quick update! My little male paired up with my Costa Rican dovii and laid down their first batch. Unfortunately I don't think he's quite mature enough to fertilize all 500-600 eggs. Most have turned white and were eaten. If any have made it then I should have some fry in a couple days. Fingers crossed

Mad wolf

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 19, 2014
Syracuse New York
Wolf Cichlids are such cool looking fish! Mine is nearing 9" and just recently has come up to the front glass when I get close. Pretty much backs up from everyone else. I think they learn to recognize their owner pretty quickly. Congrats, very nice looking Dovii.

kingdovii831

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2013
Gonzales, ca
He's already a stunner and congrats on the eggs
Thanks. All the eggs either rotted or were eaten unfortunately. I think he's at it again though and this time they're being very serious about it. I might have fry in the coming week.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store