gar=280

BGG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Dino88 said:
the width of my tank is 3 feet and the lenth 2meters and 1meter high.how bout the crocadile gar?is he the short nose?
Shortnose are Lepisosteus platostomus, and crocodile gars are hybrids of Atractosteus spatula (alligator gar) and assorted Lepisosteus species. Croc gars will get too large for your tank, as will alligator gars (see the pic below). If you want to be sure that you can keep the gar that you get for life, then shortnose is the only way to go. :)
Pics: Don't want to try to keep an adult alligator gar in a 280!

xrtg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2005
Singapore
just wondering......anyone have a picture like the above on spoted gars? wan to see how big it can grow. :)

IoStrisciare

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 9, 2005
A Watery Grave
xrtg said:
just wondering......anyone have a picture like the above on spoted gars? wan to see how big it can grow. :)
heard tt in the wild its length is like 3-4ft.... in aquaria abt 2ft plus...

BGG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
xrtg said:
OMG.....they can also grow that big!!! :22_yikes:

any pictures? :)
They have some pics of them at garfishing.com . I would get the pics, but my cable went out and I'm on dialup, LOL. :D

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
If you are looking for agression than gar are not the right fish, they are very predaceous but not agressive, unless they are going to eat something they will leave it alone. They also tend to be lazy and spend their nonfeeding time just hanging in one place, or if they have room, slowly cruising the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store