Gar Advice

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
Ok thanks guys, yeah definitely not raining on my parade. I wasn't really caring about what I was getting (unless it was a gator which would have been a problem) just that it would be able to fit in my tank and to prevent it from being released into the local waters.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Ok thanks guys, yeah definitely not raining on my parade. I wasn't really caring about what I was getting (unless it was a gator which would have been a problem) just that it would be able to fit in my tank and to prevent it from being released into the local waters.
Definitely be fine in your tank for life. For $10 at that size and girth is great.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Both Florida and spotted have that

Sent from my D6708 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
You are right. Especially when small it can be confusing. At this size should be faded and stretched out. All in all a good deal for DrB.

Siddons11

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
USA
My 12" spotted gars still have the bar around the eye. They do lose them though.

Sent from my D6708 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
lol, you guy think we can catch Florida gar out of Texas water? if that happen it would be Florida gar become illegal in Texas by now.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
lol, you guy think we can catch Florida gar out of Texas water? if that happen it would be Florida gar become illegal in Texas by now.
Hopefully nobodies dumping fg's in Texas waters. People would never dump fish they don't want in rivers right?! Lol. Well gotta wait till it gets bigger for sure. Time will tell. Plus you guys are prolly better at id'ing gars than me. Nice pick up DrB.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store