gar with pbass question

city_of_evil6661

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
gainesville ga
bad combo, not advisable. solomon already explained the possible bad outcomes. i can safely say that gar and cichlids will work sometimes but most of the time it wont.

channarox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2007
south east asia
read my post on the pbass forum...
i agree with solomon.
IMO...its a just try kind of thing that usually ends badly for the gar.

jworth

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2008
Indianapolis
well im not rich enought to just try for the hell of it, just looking for insight. they are not real aggressive feeders at this time. not to say they wont be. dont know if that would change anyone's opinion.

channarox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2007
south east asia
joworth;2566244; said:
well im not rich enought to just try for the hell of it, just looking for insight. they are not real aggressive feeders at this time. not to say they wont be. dont know if that would change anyone's opinion.
the more tankmates you add the more aggressively feeding they become.;)

jworth

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2008
Indianapolis
well i would really just like to keep the one orino, my paratalapia, and that gar as the only middle to top swimming residents in this tank. the catfish is just lazy and lounges on bottom. but i am hearing such mixed answers. i would hate anything to go wrong and kill the other two or the gar. the previous mentioned are from rapps.

Monstaf1sh

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2007
Perth, Australia
Its too late for me I already have the Pbass/Gar combo, after reading this i'd better keep an eye on them.
So far so good the pbass are too big for the gars too eat and the pbass only eat pellets so no competition for food.
Lets see what happens....:popcorn:

Monstaf1sh

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2007
Perth, Australia
joworth;2584289; said:
does your gar rub his nose on the glass? sometimse mine doesnt even notice feeders.
My Gars do rub their nose up and down the glass alot.
And it does take them awhile to stalk down feeders, but they dont get them much.

jworth

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2008
Indianapolis
ive got mine eating well and hand feeding at that and he has really stopped the nose rubbing thing except for a rare circumstance. just chills towards the top now waiting for me to feed him.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store