Garage Question

26pets

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2008
Somewhere
Garage temperatures in Florida. I have a total of 19 tanks. A little problem for having them run through out the house. Anyways I was wondering would having them in the garage in Florida be bad? I moved a few out there. One of my reef tanks dropped down to 64F when it was 43F out side I dont think thats that bad.... Do I have to worry about the tanks? I mean as long as they dont drop below 60F? I have heaters on some of my tropical Tanks. Im probley going to put one on my reef though. All the fish where acting normal this morning.

Question for the Florida people? Whats the highest temp. that you've had for your tanks in a garage?

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
I would put heaters in the tanks. Tropical fish (freshwater and marine) do best with a very stable temperature. Since the ambient temp isn't too far below the tank temps you could get by with a small heater in each tank.

Kogo

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
South Florida
what part of florida?

In broward county a space heater would take care of the few days a year when cold temps might be a problem

26pets

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2008
Somewhere
Im in Orlando, My garage isnt isolated. But it doesnt get that hot inside the garage as it is outside. If anything I can put up a fan in the garage. and it cools it allot for summer.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store