Gars on pellets

lunker65

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2013
Virginia
No No No... Gars will not eat pellets and will not recognize them as food.
All the proof you need is right here: http://youtu.be/0Hptme9gmaw
HAHAHA really? there are like 6 people on this post alone that feed there gars pellets and you say they wont eat pellets. Both of my gars, and are one of the species in that video, eat pellets like it is going out of style. one of which i fed live feeders for over a year and it took him a week to start eating pellets. i have put no other food source in that tank for a good six months and my gars are still fat and happy.

Polypterus

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
Detroit
HAHAHA really? there are like 6 people on this post alone that feed there gars pellets and you say they wont eat pellets. Both of my gars, and are one of the species in that video, eat pellets like it is going out of style. one of which i fed live feeders for over a year and it took him a week to start eating pellets. i have put no other food source in that tank for a good six months and my gars are still fat and happy.
OK... you did not watch the video did you..

lunker65

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2013
Virginia
OK... you did not watch the video did you..
I don't need the video, I have living proof in my tank right now that they eat pellets. I'm sure countless others could back me up on this.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

cnel124

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2013
Bangkok
Half of my gars eat pellets, half don't. But gars definitely eat them, whether or not they recognize them as a food source they consume pellets.

cnel124

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2013
Bangkok
You are just all far to young to remember this Video or to recognize your talking to the person that essentially wrote the protocol for adapting Gars to alternate feeds. :)
You may have wrote the protocol but all I did was just go to the store, buy some pellets, and dump them in the tank man.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
You are just all far to young to remember this Video or to recognize your talking to the person that essentially wrote the protocol for adapting Gars to alternate feeds. :)
is there a thread that you started reciting this protocol? im sure the OP would like some more tips on getting a gar to eat pellets.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store