Gasoila Thread sealant quetion

Hellothere116

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2016
So I had a old pre Drilled 110 tub hanging around and decided to fill it for some baby koi Im getting on Tuesday and the treads on the gasket were a bit chewed up and it was leaking. I didn't have tape on me the other day so i used Gasoila Soft-Set on it and it stopped the leak been holding for 3 days now. I just noticed yesterday and confirmed it today that the water has a slight blue hint to it! From looking online it says Its NSF and can be used on drinking water but idk im still unsure has anyone used this on a tank before?
i new i should have just used silicone lol

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
If I were considering the use of this stuff...and I'm not...I would first look at the MSDS; that's Material Safety Data Sheet.

The MSDS clearly states that it is, among other things, flammable, produces hazardous vapors, causes extreme eye irritation, and is "toxic to aquatic life with long-lasting effects"...that's a direct quote. There's a link to the MSDS right on the manufacturer's website.

I'm not sure what you were reading, but...:thumbsdow

M1A1

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2013
MN
Echoing jjohnwm's, the MSDS clearly says it is toxic to aquatic life. Both of the solvents identified are alcohol compounds similar to some of the anti-fungal/bacterial silicone on the market so your only option is water changes.

Reactions: Hellothere116
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store