Geophagus Altifrons / Eartheaters - P/U in REDDING OR SACRAMENTO, CA / or SHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCherdingthefish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2012
California, USA
I have 6 Eartheaters I am selling. They are healthy fish, however I am wanting to go planted with this tank and can't do much for plants(with the exception of ones tied to driftwood/rocks) with these fish as they dig them up.
I love these fish and will be sad to see them go, but I am ready for a change & want to go in a different direction with this tank.

The group consists of 5 Geophagus Altifrons (sometimes incorrectly called G. Surinamensis) and one Satonperca Jurupari (sometimes called Geophagus Jurupari or Jurupari Eartheater)
They average about 7" long at this point. They are BEAUTIFUL fish, absolutely stunning. It's so fun to watch them sift sand through their gills.
They do need a tank with a soft sandy substrate, because they are sifters gravel can harm them.

These have always been very peaceful fish for me, and ignore pretty much any other fish in the tank with them, including fish as small as a little Platy and an Odessa Barb. In fact, they allow themselves to be occasionally bullied by a Red Tail Black Shark that was 1/4 their size. You can see in the pictures below that they do have some little pits in their heads - don't know what they are but they've had those for as long as I can remember and they've never been an issue. These fish have always been healthy.

Here is a video of them at feeding time - please watch in HD!
[video=youtube_share;TiQLKNHTfHA]http://youtu.be/TiQLKNHTfHA[/video]

As you can see from the video above, these are very high quality fish(and this video was taken under really old, nearly worthless lights!). They were bought for $20 each at only a few inches long. I will not split up this group, you MUST buy the entire group. I am asking $250 for the group, please message me to further discuss pricing.

I have never shipped fish before, but I would have no problem with shipping these fish and would do everything I could to make sure they arrived alive and kickin'. Shipping is OVERNIGHT ONLY with live arrival guaranteed. Please PM for a shipping quote.

FREE TRANSPORT CAN BE ARRANGED TO SACRAMENTO, CA, NEARBY AREAS, OR ANYWHERE BETWEEN REDDING & SACRAMENTO.

Here's some pictures taken a few weeks ago.

DSC_6609.jpg
DSC_6615.jpg
DSC_6619.jpg
DSC_6620.jpg
DSC_6626.jpg

DSC_6688.jpg

DSC_6609.jpg

DSC_6615.jpg

DSC_6619.jpg

DSC_6620.jpg

DSC_6626.jpg

DSC_6688.jpg