Get black piranha or small shoal of caribe

Nv333

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2022
I have a school of 5 inch red bellies and I have another tank i want either fill with a black piranha or maybe 5 caribe. For anyone that has had them which have they liked better

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I’m personally more of a pygo fan, but since you already have a shoal of reds I would say a rhom (or any Serra) would be a cool change in pace.

Reactions: Nv333

Nv333

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2022
That’s what I’m thinking because worse case if I got ahold of some caribe I would be able to put them in the reds tank right

Bsixxx

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
Get a shoal of geryi. Best of both worlds. Aggressiveness of serrasalmus and schooling of pygocentrus.

Nv333

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2022
Get a shoal of geryi. Best of both worlds. Aggressiveness of serrasalmus and schooling of pygocentrus.
Hmm first I ever heard of them besides the other day I’ll have to look into them.
How many need to be together
I live 5 mins from aquascaoe he should have them

Bsixxx

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
Hmm first I ever heard of them besides the other day I’ll have to look into them.
How many need to be together
I live 5 mins from aquascaoe he should have them
They can be by themselves. Really no minimum but more is better to curve potential aggression.

Nv333

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2022
They can be by themselves. Really no minimum but more is better to curve potential aggression.
Ok thank you I’ll check them out that’s what I’m looking for is the aggression but would be good to have multiple fish because one can get boring

Reactions: Bsixxx

Bsixxx

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
Look them up on YouTube. Some awesome schools on there in planted tanks. Also maculatus has been schooled before. They may be more affordable price wise but they (in my opinion) don't look as good as geryi

Nv333

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2022
Look them up on YouTube. Some awesome schools on there in planted tanks. Also maculatus has been schooled before. They may be more affordable price wise but they (in my opinion) don't look as good as geryi
Those Geryis look nice if I can get ahold of a few I guess whatever I get ahold of first caribe or geryis. There’s a black at aquasape worst case but I like schooling ones more

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store